Billericay - Owner Glenn Tamplin becomes Manager

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Archie Tamplin came on again for Billericay tonight v Southend. I'm going to shut up now, he'll probably score a hat trick against us next season

2. Emmbeee

Emmbeee Active Member

Wasn't Archie basically the reason Glenn bought the club.

3. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  4. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Truly vomit inducing.

Pink Panther likes this.
  5. That's a lot of pressure for a young kid

Pink Panther likes this.
  6. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

When I first clicked play I thought “Ah that’s sweet!” proud parent & all that then the first shot by the kids is a grass cutter bobbling wide of the far post and the giggles began.

editor likes this.
  7. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

That’s today’s earworm sorted then.

8. Griff_Turnstile

London 2012 & Heather Small’s voice gave me goose bumps. Going to take a while to unsee Tamplin minor so better dig this out PDQ

9. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Glenn (over)confident again this year:

10. editor

editor hiraethified

It's really not normal for a business owner to film themselves in this way.

11. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Makes me think of the Kinks song "I'm an ape man I'm ape ape man. I'm an ape man". Perhaps someone could edit the video and add the music?

12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It's like David Brent on a weight-training programme.

13. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

So BTFC have signed Gavin Gunning (Forest Green), Douglas Loft (Shrewsbury) and Craig Robson (Barnet). Glenn reckons they are going to piss the league and he'll be dancing on the pitch when they get promoted.
    I'd like to recite two quotes. One is from the film True Grit, the other was by Kevin Keegan......guess?

14. editor

editor hiraethified

15. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

I have a copy of this track, might play in the club bar Saturday .... it's a huge hit in parts of Hamburg

all to nah and editor like this.
  16. all to nah

all to nah Well-Known Member

Indeed, it is!

17. Pink Panther

Are we trying to drive people away from that bar? First the price rises and now this.

18. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Please don’t play that song

Pink Panther likes this.
  19. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Or put a quid on the price of the cheap lager.

20. Griff_Turnstile

So BTFC have signed Gavin Gunning (Forest Green), Douglas Loft (Shrewsbury) and Craig Robson (Barnet). Glenn reckons they are going to piss the league and he'll be dancing on the pitch when they get promoted.
    I'd like to recite two quotes. One is from the film True Grit, the other was by Kevin Keegan......guess?[/QUOTE]
    True Grit?

B26FB9F1-9CE8-4C31-9C82-79504F3AA460.jpeg

Son of Roy and Pink Panther like this.
  21. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

truegrit.gif
    No not that one. From the original film True Grit (with John Wayne) the quote was 'I call that bold talk for a one eyed fat man' and Kevin Kevin Keegan said 'I'd looove it if we beat em' referring to Newcastle's premiership battle with Man Utd.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  22. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

C7DEEBD5-7C19-443D-9B93-6952884700E2.png Pathetic.

YTC and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  23. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

Looks like they’ve signed Wes Thomas, who was released by Grimsby after a bust-up with the manager. He was Town’s top scorer last season, not that that accolade was particularly difficult.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    B.I.G likes this.
  24. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

What a pair of morons! They'd be dangerous if they had a second brain cell between them

25. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Annoyingly they've signed Matt Rhead from Lincoln. Not sure he has anything like 90 minutes in him these days but he'll be very hard to handle for defenders at this level.

26. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

We need to setup a new steel company DHFC steel!

EDC likes this.
  27. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Pink Steel has quite a ring to it.

B.I.G likes this.
  28. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Seen suggestions on Twitter that they’re signing Wes Thomas from Grimsby as well.

Undoubtedly good signings at this level, and likely to be more effective than the likes of Pennant and Konchesky, but they’ll still be on decent wages to be tempted to drop down from the League - I therefore fear for Glenn’s desire for financial sustainability, and the Billericay branch of Rymans ability to keep up with the demand for brown envelopes.

Lazy Llama likes this.
  29. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

Yeah, this was the Tweet about Wes, first letter of each line...

30. Pink Panther

They've paid a transfer fee for a 35 year old and he only signed a new contract for Lincoln in April, and apparently he lives at Stoke-on-Trent. How much must they be paying him to induce him to drop three levels? I thought the National League was supposed to have criteria governing the financial structure and spending of clubs? Did our officials get anywhere at the League AGM with raising the matter of other clubs evading taxes on players' wages, as was suggested at the open supporters' meeting? I really hope HMRC catches up with this shyster and it all goes spectacularly pear-shaped.

Why Matt Rhead is using Teddy Sheringham as inspiration

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    bkbk and editor like this.