Billericay - Owner Glenn Tamplin becomes Manager

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Mar 2, 2017.

1. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

We’re only twelve points off Billericay. We’ll catch them.
    You heard it here at some point.

HELVETICVS likes this.
  2. editor

editor hiraethified

I'm sure there's loads of decent fans there and of course I have some sympathy with them, but there were some right fucking twats too who turned up for the paid-up success. I won't forget the hordes streaming out of their ground with 20 mins to go when we turned them over, or the lippy fuckwits I encountered on the way back to the station.

I gave up on Cardiff City because a super rich twat had ruined the club so I won't be crying tears at the spectacle of another failed attempt at buying success by another bigmouth millionaire, who trashed Hamlet's chance of winning their league. And there were plenty of supporters from other non league clubs who hated what Billericay turned into.

I'm glad it turned to shit. That way, maybe the next millionaire with a king sized ego will think twice before declaring himself the saviour of another non league team and fucking things up for both the club and the league.

Ronco likes this.
  3. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

losing 5-1 to your deadly rivals on Boxing day .... ouch

HELVETICVS and editor like this.
  4. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

That won’t happen. What might happen is fans realising that fast money into a club is usually bad money into a club. And perhaps that the best defence against that is proper mutual ownership and governance structures.

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

So we come back home and you lot want to talk about Billericay rather than the big news....

Tonbridge lost again!

6. E16_DHFC

E16_DHFC Member

It needs someone to post a tweet about billericay to really make it look like we’re arseholes

7. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Alles hat ein Ende nur eine Wurst hat zwei

#3 is indeed the killer for this kind of wind up action -from my rubbish recall of this kind of event, the actions of the responsible directors in this scenario will likely be scrutinised very closely to ensure they acted properly in the lead to the implosion. not something that happens every day with wind ups to be honest

8. editor

editor hiraethified

Er, except I talked about the 'big news' during the game, after the game and then posted up a match report with 40 photos and then shared it on FB and tweeted it to 25k followers.

Yes, great point well made sir. :facepalm:

Why shouldn't we talk about Billericay losing 5-1 anyway? Given the hype surrounding the club, I'm sure we won't be the only non league forum to find it of interest, but if you're not interested, read another thread. Problem solved!

9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Um

You are Steve McKimm and I claim my five pounds.

10. editor

editor hiraethified

Charmed, I'm sure.

Mind you, it is amusing that you haven't contributed a single post to the Eastbourne thread. Only this one. Why don't you want to talk about the big news? :D

pompeydunc and B.I.G like this.
  11. Emmbeee

Emmbeee Active Member

Essex Senior League beckons for AFC Billericay.

12. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Not quite Boxing Day 1984 when we beat the thugs & muggers 6-1❤️⚽️

13. Dulwich Mishi

Unless the fans decide it’s not a model for them after all like at Pompey...

editor likes this.
  14. Emmbeee

Emmbeee Active Member

Statement from BTFC "Chairman" Dan Groves today on their website.

A message from Dan Groves
    by James | Dec 30, 2018 | Club, Events, Fans, First Team | 0 comments

[​IMG]
    After speaking with our supporters at recent matches I would like to make the following statement.

Firstly Glenn has asked me to let you all know that he is currently in America having treatment for burnout but is in constant contact with me in helping with the current restructuring at the club.

Glenn has invested significant time and money since taking ownership of the club and he remains committed to continue with the progress made to date. The facilities the club now have are amongst the best in non league football and we have put the club in a strong position going forward for many years. We have recently had to make changes in order to restructure the club to get a balance in the finances. Glenn is still continuing to finance the club from his own personal wealth, but it needs to come to a point where it can survive within its own means. This is something we have always said we would strive to achieve.

To this end the club is in the process of forming a board including local businessmen and investors who will meet on a regular basis and form a business plan and make decisions in the best interests of the club to ensure that it is sustainable and has a solid footing going forward.

With regards the team, we recognise that recent changes have had an affect on results, but these changes were required and we firmly believe that we still have a very strong squad to compete in the National League South and that once we finalise the squad restructure the team will settle down and the results will come our way.

Our loyal supporters have continued to support us and we are very grateful for your understanding and we wish to reassure you that everything being done is in the best interests of the club. The continued support from you all is key to us in our mission to continue in the dream of one day making it to the football league.
    It was never going to happen overnight but we have made big strides so far and we look forward to many more good times going forward.

I am always available to talk to you so if you have any questions please come and speak to me and don’t always believe what you read in the papers. We will be having a fans forum at the end of January and it will be our intention to hold one every quarter going forward.

If there are any significant statements to make we will keep our fans involved as always.

See you all at the AGP on Tuesday!!!

Dan Groves

Chairman

Billericay Town FC

15. editor

editor hiraethified

What the heck is "treatment for burnout"?

16. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

'Exhaustion' aka 'personal problems '

pompeydunc likes this.
  17. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

18. Dulwich Mishi

Stress, whatever...private treatment for mental health problems, I would suggest.

19. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

AKA smoking drugs.

20. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Maybe he is like Pablo Escobar and burning his millions to keep warm (burnout!)

iamwithnail likes this.
  21. editor

editor hiraethified

22. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Finland

YTC, takkforalt, pettyboy and 3 others like this.
  23. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Well, that’s what I thought.

24. David Davies

David Davies Acute Tomato

Just catching up on this tread: the bankruptcy threshold increased from £750 to £5,000 in October 2015, so do they owe more than £5,000 is the real test.

25. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

On a lighter note Bill & Ricky 1 Chippenham Town 2 today. The attendance given on Football Web Pages was 4,582 which seems a bit unlikely! Perhaps Glenn is back and in charge of the turnstiles!

Billericay Town v Chippenham Town

To be fair the BTFC website gives 922.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    editor and B.I.G like this.
  26. editor

editor hiraethified

Latest news from the land of the mural

Billericay Town sack manager Dean Brennan

27. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

28. YTC

YTC Human Man

they backed the manager 2 days ago. Fine work.

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  29. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

The return of Daddy Pig?

blueheaven and Jules P like this.
  30. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person