Billericay - Owner Glenn Tamplin becomes Manager

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

From the FA

2. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

While totally sympathetic,
    Think people posting need to be a tad careful on the terminology used
    the words "allegedly" always useful

3. Aldaniti

Aldaniti Member

4. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Nivag and YTC like this.
  5. Aldaniti

Aldaniti Member

So shouldn’t O’Hara have been suspended for tonight directly after his red card at the weekend?

6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

No, suspensions in our league start 7 days after the offence. He can also play in the League Cup Final on Wednesday, but not on Saturday.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Injury time equaliser. 3-3!

9. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

3-3 now

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It says 'result' now but surely, there's extra time/penalties or whatever?

11. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Extra time and penalties

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The Met Police should never have taken Shaqille Hippolyte-Patrick off. He sounds like an adversary of Sherlock Homes.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Nice and tiring for the players :)

Fingers likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

An attendance of 626 is hardly the kind of thing The Muriel One had in mind for a home tie cup final! That's only 40 more than we had at Tooting last night.

I see Billy Bricknell has made it 4-3 to Riiiiiccay.

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Its at their second home :D

If the attendance is 626. Then 627 of them will be billericay.

Not bad for aveley.

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What do you mean? The Met have MASSIVE support!

:D

AverageJoe and B.I.G like this.
  17. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Not really, we include non-attending season ticket holders.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It looked pretty close to that number to me. How many non attending season tickets were there then?

Either way, Billericay's crowd fell far, far short of the kind of huge numbers Tamplin was bragging about at the beginning of the season and the fact that they can't play in their own stadium is down to his own cock up too.

19. Dulwich Mishi

I didn't ask, but the crowd looked well over a hundred less than the announced figure to me, based on fans in the ground.

20. goandroam

goandroam Active Member

We played at New Lodge on Monday against Staines. We haven't actually had a home Saturday game there since February 24th against Wealdstone (attendance was 1,823) so it'll be interesting to see what kind of crowd we get this week.

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What do you blame the unplayable pitch on?

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Your comment only has any relevance if you know - for a fact - that Billericay don't count their season ticket holders.

23. crawliano

crawliano New Member

Do you mean "Who"?

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Well, who/what, then. Was the sacking of the groundsman to blame? Or Tamplin messing with the drainage? Or both or something else?

Given that this must be really hurting his income stream, I was curious as to how it came about.

25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

They don't count them for cup finals :eek:

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Aye, true.

B.I.G likes this.
  27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Billericay will be down to 200 sooner rather than later. And thats all that matters for them.

28. goandroam

goandroam Active Member

I'd say the majority of the blame has to go primarily to Tamplin, this is a pitch that has been notoriously pretty bad over the years so had to be the top priority to sort out over the summer. You can't say it's "the best pitch in the league by far" at the start of the season but then it falls apart completely when the weather starts to turn.

I don't know exactly what has gone on with the groundsman but seeing the state of the pitch over the past few months I'm not sure exactly what they could've done, it's not like it's improved particularly since he was let go and other people were brought in. There's been talk of an artificial pitch being installed after the season's over (this was something mentioned in a meeting last season but the majority of people wanted to play on grass), but whether that will happen or not remains to be seen. Either way it's clearly something that will need to be addressed in the summer.

Like I said though, I don't know exactly the ins and outs of what's happened in regards to the drainage installed/the circumstances behind letting go of the groundsman so it's hard to comment definitively on them.

Nivag and editor like this.
  29. Dulwich Mishi

I'm not posting it for 'relevance'...I'm just mentioning it as how it is. I personally prefer to see attendances published with 'people in the ground' as my rule of thumb for a headcount.
    As for being relevant to Billericay, I don't really care what they get through the gate or not...I'm too busy worrying about my own Club.

Pink Panther likes this.
  30. Dulwich Mishi

Ours could well be too, if our current exile continues...