1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billericay - Owner Glenn Tamplin becomes Manager

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Mar 2, 2017.

1. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure there will be no jokes about the above
    That would be far "too hard"

Lucy Fur likes this.
  2. Sparkle Motion

Sparkle Motion Well-Known Member

Play offs aside, at least you won't have his antics much longer. I'm dreading the Tamplin circus arriving in the National League. One can only hope the freak show implodes before then.

editor likes this.
  3. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

What with him being born again he'll need a stiff one after reading that.:D

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And so the implosion begins. Good.

5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

But implodes too late. This will have been the only realistic chance of winning the Isthmian League championship in my lifetime, the way things are going for us.

6. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

Depends, if it turns out the player contracts are dodgy or that the money runs out suddenly before the end of March, 'ricay could end up with a points deduction or be barred from promotion.

editor and Nivag like this.
  7. Dulwich Mishi

If the players contracts are dodgy it would take ages to investigate, and I very much doubt any points deduction would be this season...look at the Boston United/Steve Evans tax fiddle precident.

Barred from promotion? On what grounds, if that had enough points?

8. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Anybody else now want ricay to go all the way to Wembley in the FA trophy, but Glenn not be able to (and not because of illness ). :)

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Either you've been told that you only got a year or two left to live or that's a particularly doomy forecast.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That would be a thing of beauty.

11. Dulwich Mishi

As it stands we are shaking buckets until the end of the season to keep the squad together after Meadows moved the goalposts in November.
    We currently only have a licence to use Champion Hill until the end of the season.
    If things are not resolved do you honestly think that Gavin Rose will still be manager next season, because if I was in his shoes I wouldn't.
    Alternatively, we could go up, things behind the scenes, whatever they may be, will work out & we stabilise in the National League South. Either way I think it's more likely to be onwards and upwards, or stay where we are, without challenging for the title...if we get through the current situation.
    Which, to me, would make it unlikely to win the Isthmian League title in my lifetime...unless things are sorted and we lose in the play-offs again.

12. Dulwich Mishi

So what do YOU think the future holds?

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've no idea at all, but I'm not so emo-esque gloomy'n'doomy to suppose that I'll be brown bread before they ever get promoted.

Heck, I still dream of watching Wales at the World Cup!

Bugpowder Dust and clog like this.
  14. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

15. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Would be great to see them win the title
    Just wondering with all this uncertainty if there is any chance Dulwich might groundshare

16. Dulwich Mishi

Well if the licence to play at Champion Hill is not renewed then we would clearly have to. liamdhfc I am sure will explain more when he is able to.