1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billericay - Owner Glenn Tamplin becomes Manager

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Mar 2, 2017.

1. The Flying Pig

The Flying Pig Well-Known Member

I accept your comments and agree it is a very strange situation. This story has a long way to run and I find it fascinating. A bit like watching a cartoon runaway train and wondering whether it will actually reach a destination or stop or come of the tracks. In amongst it all a working class lad dun good and we all know how much we tip our hat to the rich who do us over daily but detest a working class lad who has made loadsa money.

2. YTC

YTC Human Man

What the fuck are you talking about?

3. The Flying Pig

You will never know

4. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Or give a flying fuck. Here we all pitch in and have been doing so consistently. The monies we raise come out of our collective initiatives, not the wallet of 1 very rich man. And our activities reflect well on the club, not 1 persons narcissism.

blueheaven, chris gil and editor like this.
  5. The Flying Pig

I agree with everything you say but find it kinda sad that you have all let wealthy arsewipes at many other clubs up and down the country off the hook and not a peep from you. Then mr working class macho man comes along and you slate him.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

7. YTC

YTC Human Man

This has nothing to do with 'class' - as the man hasn't fucking got any!

Lucy Fur likes this.
  8. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Which “wealthy arsewipes” would they be? And how do they relate to Dulwich Hamlet?
    If there is comment on here about Billericay it’s because they are in the same League as us. Why would we be expected to comment on (to pick clubs at random) Chelsea or Hoffenheim?

editor likes this.
  9. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

FFS always Chelsea.

Jamie Wyatt and Cyclodunc like this.
  10. YTC

YTC Human Man

The price of the price of success.

11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Not always. Sometimes its the Libertines.

Christian Burt and Lucy Fur like this.
  12. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

sad news - in case people not aware

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  13. Aldaniti

Aldaniti New Member

Of course it's very sad. But why publicise it?

14. cambelt

cambelt Well-Known Member

Quite, most people would keep that pretty private. Can't imagine his wife will be thrilled to have it all over the internet.

15. tonysingh

tonysingh Well-Known Member

Ummm, are you criticizing him for this? Because whilst he may have been cuntish before, moaning about him telling people about one of the worst things that can happen to any prospective parent is beyond cuntish in itself

MrSpikey, Bugpowder Dust, EDC and 5 others like this.
  16. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Yeah think it's a bit out of order to criticise him for that. It's not like he's sold the story to The Sun is it? And really that culture of keeping things like that private is quite damaging tbh.

17. tonysingh

The more i read it, the more i think those two comments are not only shameful, they're damaging to our club.

And you're quite right, the culture of keeping things quiet/private is amazingly damaging. If anything, Tamplin has done absolutely the right thing here. I feel for him and his missus.

Jamie Wyatt, clog and StephenMac like this.
  18. cambelt

Yeah, I am totally. It's the kind of thing you would disclose to close friends, not everyone in the whole world. Unless you were the kind of person who will use absolutely anything to promote their own "personal cult". Have you ever seen anyone tweet or facebook etc that before?

19. tonysingh

Yes i have and if anything it's been a benefit.

i suffer from fairly major mental health issues and seeing people post stuff like that, which is very similar to Tamplin posts, encouraged me to go seek help. It also encourages a wider discussion around topics that are almost always swept under the carpet. Putting painful things 'out there' is like ripping off a scab. it may be painful but int he end it's a benefit.

20. tonysingh

He's using his wifes miscarriage to promote his own personal cult? Fucks sake. That's bang out of order.

Dulwich Mishi, clog and StephenMac like this.
  21. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

That's really not your fucking call is it?

22. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

What business is it of yours?

23. tonysingh

If any 'Ricay fans (or any other clubs fans) get hold of that shit above, they'd be well within their rights to rip into us over it. It's fucking embarrassing

24. YTC

YTC Human Man

*slowly puts moral victory scarf in the cupboard, underneath the bag full of other, plastic bags*

25. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

I think you've totally lost perspective on this. I'm not a fan of the guy either but step back and take a look at what you're saying eh?

sealion, clog and tonysingh like this.
  26. cambelt

Perspective? I haven't taken the piss out of what is a sad situation, just questioned why he would want to broadcast such a personal life-event. Anyway, I will shut up now.

27. tonysingh

Bit late now eh?

You still ain't seen the insensitive (at best) nature of your comments? Why not think over how sneering they are, how hurtful they are and how damaging to our club they are. There are myriad things to have a pop or moan at Tamplin for, this is absolutely not one of them.

Tamplin is a public figure and has told, via a public forum, people the reasons he will be taking a backseat for a little bit. He's handled a very painful time for him and his wife in just about the best way he could have.

28. YTC

YTC Human Man

Think we can leave this here now chaps.

scousedom and tonysingh like this.
  29. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

Can we just close this thread now, for good please, editor ?

Lucy Fur and StephenMac like this.
  30. YTC

YTC Human Man

seconded.