1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bill£rica¥ 1 - 3 Dulwich Hamlet, Tues 6th March 7.45pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by toby kempton, Dec 26, 2017.

1. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

might that be Mark Baker aka the Skid Mark Maker ? some of their player sponsors in the match day programme make interesting reading, we have"Sparkle Waste " & "Scum Bus Tours" . The Davison family must be well enthralled that Jamie o'Hara had made a single appearance for them this season, at time programme went to press. There are tortoises with a higher mobility and work rate.
    editor likes this.
  2. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

3. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

Billericay 1 Dulwich 3
    Much has already been said about this game. It wasn't a classic but the Dulwich players made us very proud with a committed performance. The confidence boost we need like the Whitehawk game that started the FA Trophy run last season.

Billericay's ground is much improved and the food outlets very efficient. The pitch however was dreadful and you would wonder perhaps if it is why they play that long ball game. Billericay have a strong team, very athletic winning probably 90% of the headers. While hoofing the ball up the pitch has proved very effective for them against most teams surely it can't be very satisfying for the players and I wouldn't pay to watch that every week.

The whole Dulwich team were heroes. Nyren must be better than Messi because Messi has never made two goals in a swamp! Cory Addai our goalkeeper was probably man of the match. Dipo Akinyemi the fans love you welcome back.

The car park seemed to have a 'load of shite' buried under it (like Glenn''s garden). My car needs a new set of tyres. Has anyone seen Konchesky, Pennant and O'Hara lately?

Meadow OUT
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  4. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Erm, much like many at our Saturday home games then? And for that matter all of non-league...

Their fans were decent. Loved that they were singing their head coach's name rather than Tamplin.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm pretty confident that the people standing behind the goal at Hamlet would be a tad more animated if we scored against Billericay compared to the bloke chomping on the pasty and the other group of blokes who could barely muster a single clap between them.
    Pink Panther likes this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Which is the case for practically every football ground with crowds of our size. It's those 'quiet pasty chomping blokes' [Wot no wimmin?] who help pay for the team we have on the pitch.
    pompeydunc likes this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Have you actually seen the video? Might be a good start before commentating further.

I've no problem with people standing quietly and not getting involved. I was just surprised by the apparent lack of enthusiasm by som ebehind the goal given the importance of the game.
  8. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Dont underestimate how long It took to queue to get in ground and again for food either ! unless he was on a hospitality deal !
  9. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

To be fair, no. I hadn't realised it was paraphrased from the clip.

Not all of us have time/or can access video clips.
  10. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Couple of their fans invaded the pitch when they equalised against Wealdstone the other day. They have a core of solid fans, much like us, and a broader base attracted by the circus and success. Just saying it's unfair to infer we are better fans cos one guy was eating a pastie. It won't take much of a dive into DHTV to see our fams chomping on a box of Thai or a burger after a goal...
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Except that's not what I said. If you think a large section of our fans behind the goal would react with such apparent nonchalance to a goal against a Billericay, that's up to you. The hundreds of photos I've taken at similar important matches would suggest that's not the case, mind.

Anyway, I'm not interested in a huge argument over this, but I do remain surprised by the very modest reaction seen on the video. Thank you and goodnight.
    Pink Panther, Lucy Fur and tonysingh like this.