Big girl tights

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by 8115, Jun 30, 2018.

1. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

I know it's hardly the weather for it but I've just bought some Mary Jane shoes in the sale and I want to wear them this winter with tights. My tights of preference are woollen and I do like a choice of colours. I used to go to John Lewis or M & S for my tights but unfortunately I'm now a size 18 on my bottom half and they just don't fit. Please please recommend me some other retailers. Thanks.

2. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

3. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Up to my knees in amniotic fluid

Ebay

mango5 likes this.
  4. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

ASOS have some great tights but they come up a bit small, I find.

5. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

I saw a website selling sized tights recently. I'll try to find it.

6. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

7. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

M&S do tights for size 18. Their summer stock is low though, so you might just have to wait.

8. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Falke tights are next-level wonderfulness, don't know about sizing options though.

9. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

I really like a pair of ASOS Curve tights I bought. Unfortunately I ordered two pairs at the same time and because there’s no label I have to order both again to work out which ones it is.

10. campanula

campanula plant a seed

Yep - another shout for Falke tights...and they do have sizing.

Obviously wearable by men since I discovered 2 of my pairs had been swiped by the household males...who then cut the feet off.

Sounds like some sort of racial stereotyping...but I find that clothes (and foorwear) made in Asia or Italy are invariably smaller than German/Scandi brands (comparing like for like across sizing options).

11. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

I think I'm going to have to get some Falke. I'm worried I'll just ladder them though, at that price.

12. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

colacubes likes this.
  13. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Fishnets are great, because they're so stretchy you can normally get away with a smaller size. Although I have a pair that are stretchy enough that I could pin them to my bra straps. :D
    Plenty of cheap, plus size ones on eBay. :cool:

14. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

They’re not wollen and I’ve no idea if they do size 18 so from that perspective this is fuck all use...

But these... :oops:

Home - Gambettes Box

If I was rich

15. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

I've not found many plus size fishnets that are not black/white/red or 'nude' :hmm:
    I have them in various shades of green, blue, purple, pink, orange .... The plus size is 1x-3x which is very forgiving, and they last for years :thumbs:

16. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Up to my knees in amniotic fluid

Just saw an advert on fb for 'snag' tights- sizes up to 30.

17. Mrs Miggins

Ah! Those are the ones I was thinking of and couldn't find. Thanks for posting that.

kalidarkone likes this.
  18. Mrs Miggins

BUMP!

I have bought some tights from Snag and am test-driving a pair today. So far so good. They are still in position, have not rolled down over my belly and are not sagging down at the crotch. Let's see how they go for the rest of the day.

ebonics, colacubes and fizzerbird like this.
  19. Mrs Miggins

It is 2pm. I have been walking around the office and have walked about a bit at lunchtime. The tights are still exactly where they should be.

colacubes and kalidarkone like this.
  20. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

They sound like miracle tights :cool: :D I may have to buy some.

21. Mrs Miggins

I am so impressed! they are STILL in place and it is quarter to 5!

£6.99 a pair so they are not cheap but I bought some from M&S recently and they were £6 and they were round my knees within an hour.

I hope they wash and wear well. If they do, I will only be buying tights from them from now on.

Ceej and colacubes like this.