Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Big Dancefloor Tunes of 2020

Spandex

A crazy bulbous punchbag of sound
These threads always throw up some great tunes, so what have people heard from this year to make them shake their booty or throw their arms in the air ? Any style welcome, from 90 bpm slo-mo chuggers to 200 bpm nosebleed gabba. Post 'em up for the rest of us to be wowed by or prod desperately at the computer shouting "make it stop!".

Nineties deep house legend Schatrax has just released his first single in 8 years. Four tracks in different styles, all good, this one probably the winner:

Into the Stars

Spandex

Catchily named label COD3 QR have put out a great single, helpfully named COD3 QR 007. The B-side especially is great. This one, by 4D4144, is probably my favourite:

The Mightiest Galaxy

Spandex

Any off this Alden Tyrell EP...
Looks like the vinyl was out last year or at least the YT link was. Think download/digital is just out though.
I like that :cool:

Alden Tyrell's changed up his style since I last listened to him. I think of him as doing electro-disco on Viewlexx in the 00s.

ska invita

back on the other side
Only got DnB with a 2020 stamp on, mainly still finding stuff from 2019.... Heres a couple:

Low key filtered house loop, dirty ummf under the kick sounding big loud, creeping builder, gear changer ready for take off.
Kind of subtle but has a punch

This has been on dub for ages, finally came out end of 2019. UKG pioneer DJ Hermit, on a chunky 4x4 garage tip....chugs along nicely and bassy for the first 2 minutes but its all about the breakdown onwards which has that london garage magic shuffle sound to it

hipipol

Peckham Wry
These threads always throw up some great tunes, so what have people heard from this year to make them shake their booty or throw their arms in the air ? Any style welcome, from 90 bpm slo-mo chuggers to 200 bpm nosebleed gabba. Post 'em up for the rest of us to be wowed by or prod desperately at the computer shouting "make it stop!".

Nineties deep house legend Schatrax has just released his first single in 8 years. Four tracks in different styles, all good, this one probably the winner:

Into the Stars
Sounds a bit like a Goa Gil, Morning Raga track, back in the Bamboo Forest , well old skool Hippy fluffery - fashions reapeat eh?