1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bestival 2017

Discussion in 'festivals' started by The_Reverend_M, Feb 13, 2017.

1. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

From what I hear it was much more than the odd theft.

Rutita1 likes this.
  2. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

I spoke to a steward who said there was scary stuff going on. She said (though this was second-hand) that there was a group of around 9 chaps with knives that had basically terrorised one of the camp sites and gone tent to tent threatening people and clearing them out.

Mind you festivals are notorious gossip buckets. There were multiple bullshit rumours at Glasto last year - group overdoses that failed to materialise as news stories, etc., so make of it what you will.

Was certainly a subdued vibe at the very least. Didn't feel at all threatening to me though, but I might have just been unaware.

3. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Not going to talk about the tragic death :( or the thefts ... :(

But festival organisers who have plenty of festival experience, yet who don't prepare properly for well-flagged shit weather deserve plenty of criticism.

How bad were the ground conditions in reality, then?

4. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Not so bad as to make having fun unfeasable. Some sticky, slippery mud, but I was able to wander all over site in walking boots with no gaiters. On foot it wasn't a major problem really. They did have big problems getting vehicles out, with lots of towing and crazy driving going on. This did seem to be down to a lack of planning, and in particular a shortage of that metal track stuff. Just a bit more of that would have solved all the problems so far as I could see. Traffic was not very well marshalled really throughout the festy.

William of Walworth likes this.