Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

bestest one-hit wonder ever in the history of the world.

Spandex

A crazy bulbous punchbag of sound
This has grown on me
No 8 UK, no 1 Germany
Visage, Fade to Grey

Visage sure feel like a one hit wonder, but followed up Fade to Grey with 3 more top 20 hits that hardly anyone remembers. I saw one of the follow ups on an old TOTP recently. Obviously it wasn't nearly as good as Fade to Grey.

One I've been playing this summer is Blue Pearl, Naked In The Rain...number 1 for more than one week iirc... There's a good mix of that, Paradise Mix is the one for me

David Morales Red Zone Dub for me :cool:

Orang Utan

knows how to use the three shells
Visage sure feel like a one hit wonder, but followed up Fade to Grey with 3 more top 20 hits that hardly anyone remembers. I saw one of the follow ups on an old TOTP recently. Obviously it wasn't nearly as good as Fade to Grey.
Their best tune is the b side from their first single:

chilango

Neither Westminster nor Brussels....
I saw rose macdowall from strawberry switchblade a couple of years ago - shes had a very odd post one hit wonder career singing for loads of industrial & neo-folk acts (including all the nazi ones)
...and Strawberry Switchblade were managed by the KLF's Bill Drummond it seems.

Crazy world.

Spandex

A crazy bulbous punchbag of sound
If I can't have Freiheit can I have this?

According to spanglechick 's definition of a hit in the OP:
For the purposes of this, we'll broadly describe a hit as reaching top 20.
you can have Freiheit (highest chart position #14 in December '88) but not Army of Lovers (highest chart position #31 in February '92). Obviously, Crucified is the better song - I used to have that on 12" :D

planetgeli

There's no future in England's dreaming
The all seeing eye wasnt a cover, it just heavily sampled Buddy Rich. The spears version she actually re-did the vox with the same backing as the all seeing eye version (I think they got a production credit on the LP too).
The Beat goes on was Sonny & Cher.

(Sorry meant to quote your post #92)

hash tag

chillin
It was under the name of Derek and the dominoes, One album, One single and technically not classed as one of his solo efforts.

Lurdan

old wave
Julie London - Cry Me A River

This was her only UK hit, and none of her other records in the US entered the top 100. I was a bit surprised when I learned this - I'd always thought she had a much bigger singing career.

hipipol

Peckham Wry
Check this guy, Todd in the Shadows out, just found his stuff last week, been bingeing on it for the last few days, his Eight Said Fred vid had me crying with laughter, really does his research, is sarcastic but perfectly pitched well for me at any rate, cant reommend too highly etc.... Night, night
Todd in the Shadows