Best web proxy add-on for Firefox?

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by NoXion, Sep 6, 2018.

1. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

I was looking up recipes online when I came across a site that's apparently blocked for UK viewers. I suspect it's a fallout of this recent EU data protection stuff which has shitty web admins throwing their toys out of the pram and basically banning EU visitors, a totally dog-in-the-manger attitude if I saw it.

Hence I'm wondering if any Urbz have some recommendations about Firefox add-ons I can install to circumvent this kind of shite. Hola Unblocker looks good, but I've never heard of it before so I don't know how well it actually does the job.

The ability to watch region-blocked videos would be a nice bonus but not essential, since I'm mainly interested in viewing web pages.

I must say that I'm not enjoying the sight of the internet fracturing right in front of me.

2. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

3. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

For me subscribing to a VPN eliminates the slowness and dodgyness of some free solutions, and consider it value for money. PIA works out at about £30 a year and has a firefox add on, so you don't even need to install the client on your machine if you just want it for web access.

Although PIA obviously offers a ton load more options as well including iOS and Android clients but depends on how you use it for other things to see if the £30 is worth it, I think once you start using it you'll probably find a lot more uses for it. My NAS is always connected in order to use Radarr/Sonarr to automatically grab TV shows and Movies and move them to the folders my Kodi clients look at.

4. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Opera browser has a built in VPN

5. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!