Best time to hit the 'Reduced To Clear' section?

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by killer b, May 22, 2013.

1. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

Well. Beggar's Banquet would've been better anyway.

2. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

After 6pm is when my local Tesco has the most reduced items out especially the bakery products with items as low as 9p.

3. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

The phrase has somehow become a legend in our office. :hmm: :oops: :D

4. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

Asda was pretty good tonight with the Xmas cheese, wine and chutney boxes down to a fiver
    IMG_20180104_161826683.jpg

5. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

I got 2 quality mince pies from the co-op for 15p.

6. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Waitrose were doing packs of 12 mini beef wellington things the other day for 19p each, apparently the normal price was £7.00 which was clearly fucking bollocks, but i still bought every single box they had out of principle, which was about 23 packs i think i counted.

Ive eaten a couple of boxes of them and they arent even that nice, but im not bothered, not at that price

Thimble Queen and UrbaneFox like this.
  7. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Lots and lots of mince pies

Thimble Queen and nogojones like this.
  8. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

3 boxes of mushrooms from Tesco yesterday for 24p a pop. Will be making a mushroom stroganoff with those and a tub of quark I got slightly reduced from Sainsburys.

9. killer b

killer b Gazing vacantly at a plate of mince

I've just moved house and am now 5 minutes from a booths. First buffet of the new house included 6 salmon steaks for a quid, some pickled herrings for 60p, a large pork pie with cranberries for 90p, the usual salad leaves for pence. And a big bag of king Edwards for 50p

Part 2, moose, May Kasahara and 5 others like this.
  10. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow daft apeth

That was reduced in the M & S here too - probably one of those lines that sounded a good idea at the time...

Bought an xmas pud for half price today.

angusmcfangus likes this.
  11. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

My freezer currently has some heavily-discounted Tesco whole Camembert, whole Brie, Blue Stilton (half-wheel) and Wensleydale (wedges) in it, 50-75p each.

12. strung out

strung out (",)

How a shopper bought £40 worth of food at Asda for just £1.55

The Bristol Post has got the latest scoop on how to maximise your savings in the 'scabbly isle'

13. jimbarkanoodle

Without clicking the link, as that website is impossible to use due to the amount of adverts it tries to load up as you try in vain to read an article, i bet that 'shopper' is a woman aged about 55. They seem to be the ruthless experts when it comes to nabbing everything out of the tramps buffet, to the point where i am bitter, resentful and a bit scared when i see them lurking near the buffet, big fucking trolley blocking the way, and chucking everything they possibly can into it! :mad:

14. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Yesterday I got four packs of (Christmassy-packaged) smoked salmon, originally priced at £5.99, reduced to £1.89 each. Ate one and put the others in the freezer. There were about 10 more packs that I left there.

Thimble Queen and mrsfran like this.
  15. UrbaneFox

UrbaneFox The Royal Cataract

:D

16. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

D054C4DF-5107-47BB-AEC7-3B1DBC233FF0.jpeg Just got a great bargain at The Waitrose “Whoops!” Aisle - 2kg of Organic Seville Oranges for £0.22! Marmalade will be made tomorrow

17. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

A 2p loaf of bread and a celeriac for 8p from Asda tonight

Voley and seeformiles like this.
  18. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Easter bargain! Two twirls and one dubious egg 15p! Can more people stick their fingers into Easter eggs please :D

IMG_20180331_231248120.jpg

pinkmonkey, nogojones, Voley and 4 others like this.
  19. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Waitrose have taken a tough stance this Easter. All seasonal goods already removed from shelves. No chance of a reduced price panettone.

20. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

large coarse polish sausage for a pound, pork. Like Cumberland large but with more girth. I suppose I should slice it up and cook with it but I am just eating it cold with pepper and mustard.

Voley and Thimble Queen like this.
  21. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

I got a couple of half price damaged eggs (well the boxes were ripped and taped up), that turned out to be perfect with all chocolate bars intact, on Good Friday, but I went to Tesco last night and all they had left were three Thorntons eggs that were all still a fiver. :mad: Still, the other tramps buffet was ok and they'd obviously had a generous manager on that day as it was 50% off - filled the freezer.

22. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Aldi apparently introduced 50% off for things going off or hitting use by date that day late last year. My local store only seems to have started doing this now. Although most of it seems to be stuff that's already past the date!

Aldi fights waste with 50% cuts as shelf life end nears

nogojones likes this.
  23. moomoo

moomoo Not so yummy mummy

I work at Tesco now and when we reduce the fruit and veg in the evening there is a hardcore group of regulars who wait for the dolly to be brought out at 7.15 pm. The guy who does the reductions has to practically drop it and run! Apparently he’s been punched before.

24. jimbarkanoodle

Haha! thats pretty funny that he has been punched before.

25. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

not for him

sojourner, Libertad and moomoo like this.