1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time to hit the 'Reduced To Clear' section?

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by killer b, May 22, 2013.

1. killer b

killer b Gazing vacantly at a plate of mince

A partial conversion to vegetarianism has coincided with a run of cheese gold at the Booths tramps buffet, so I have an amazing selection of cheeses at all times atm, which is making the transition easier than it might be otherwise.

However, it did result in me offering my daughter a choice of cheeses in her packed lunch the other day: 'Martha, what would you like on your sandwiches today? We've got Wensleydale, soft goats cheese, unpasteurised Caerphilly or Stilton. Oh, or there's some Comte.'

I feel like I should turn myself in.

marty21, moose, fractionMan and 4 others like this.
  2. aqua

aqua made of cheese and gin

which bit of Birmingham, north or south :hmm:

3. J Ed

J Ed I remember the future

I reduced a load of these this week then instantly squirrelled them away for me + fellow Sainsburys pals cos reduced price shortbread cookies are too good for customers to have

marty21 and dynamicbaddog like this.
  4. stuff_it

stuff_it stirred the primordial soup

I always knew this happened.

5. killer b

A word of warning: the Waitrose tramps buffet is going to regularly feature Heston's Cherry Bakewell Hot Cross Buns over the next few weeks. The reason they will end up there is because they're utterly fucking rank, despite the promise of paradise in their title. Leave them for some other schmuck.

Saffy likes this.
  6. Callie

Callie Pivoting

working this weekend - boo. Popped down the canteen during my break for a snack to find three shelves of sammiches/panninis/boxed salads reduced to £1 each. £1 for a sandwich you may cry but these things usually retail for £3.60 thereabouts. And the nice lady in the canteen had just changed the sign as they were £2.50 each.

GET THE FUCK IN

I bought three :oops: one for today, one for tomorrow and one for...fun.

7. wtfftw

wtfftw Well-Known Member

I got a 3p kiwi :cool:

May Kasahara and dynamicbaddog like this.
  8. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

I got 4 sainsbury's organic loaves for 7p each!

9. og ogilby

og ogilby Well-Known Member

Problem with organic loaves is they're going to go stale very quickly. Probably already past their best on the sell by date.

10. iona

iona toxic clown

There's now an app for that Waitrose thing where you can choose 10 things to get a 20% discount on. Turns out it changes your selections straight away and applies to stuff that's already reduced, so if you see something on the cheap shelf you can quickly go onto the app and change your selections so it's even cheaper. :thumbs:

fractionMan, nogojones and wtfftw like this.
  11. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

If you were motivated enough could you buy all your shopping at 20% off by only buying ten items at a go?

12. iona

iona toxic clown

It's only certain items that you get to choose from, so you might not actually save much against their cheaper own brand stuff.

13. iona

iona toxic clown

Two posh (organic, free-range, corn fed etc.) chicken legs for 59p and a chicken curry without any added sugar etc for 29p in Morrison's just now.

toggle likes this.
  14. iona

iona toxic clown

Pack of four green chillis, pot of chopped melon & grapes, small tray of watermelon fingers and four bags of fresh edamame in their pods all reduced to 10p each in Tesco's just now. Bags of edamame were originally £2 each(!) so that's £10.10 worth of fresh fruit & veg for 70p - paid with some 1 & 2p coins I'd accumulated so it was practically free. :cool:

I'll de-pod the edamame, blanch and freeze some for salads and roast the rest with a few different seasoning combinations.

May Kasahara, Rutita1 and nogojones like this.
  15. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

Lots of small packets of posh seeded oatcakes at 13p, which work out at 1/2 the price of cheapo (Lidl) oatcakes in big boxes, so filled my basket. Some nice soft blue cheese and some smoked crumbly cheese at 60% off in Tesco and a couple of bulbs of fennel for 30p a pop

iona likes this.
  16. iona

iona toxic clown

Ooh yeah I got a 51p goat cheese and a two quid green fruit & veg smoothie for 25p in Tesco yesterday and all.

17. Idris2002

Idris2002 A kick up the Arás

With great power comes great responsibility.

18. sovereignb

sovereignb Well-Known Member

I got a whole Taste The Difference New York Cheesecake for 10p!

Yu_Gi_Oh, May Kasahara and colacubes like this.
  19. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

20. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

marty21, Fez909 and Yu_Gi_Oh like this.
  21. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

I was just in Morrisons at about 18:30, there was a reduced to clear section and people were barging past each other to get at it. I missed some good items, I suppose I should just be less polite and English about it and get stuck in like everyone else was.

22. killer b

Nothing more English than elbowing a pensioner in the face to get to a half-price ready meal ahead of them.

23. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

:D

24. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

2 duck breasts for 99p in Asda :cool:

25. May Kasahara

May Kasahara channelling Lynda Day

Sainsbury's, 3.15ish - got two organic free range chicken breasts for £2.89 (was £5.78) and six thick pork shoulder steaks, £2.39 (was £3.50). Not stunning, but handy for stocking up the freezer pre-start of term.

26. iona

iona toxic clown

There was loads of fruit and veg in the reduced section at Tesco just now and NONE OF IT WAS REDUCED :mad::confused:

27. Callie

Callie Pivoting

One whole pineapple. 25p yus mate!

28. Idris2002

29. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

upload_2016-9-9_14-45-41.png

nogojones likes this.
  30. Idris2002

You win this round, General Model - but we shall meet again. :mad: