Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Irish bands....

Thaw

Aye like, so it is.
Relish are another band from Downpatrick that are surprisingly still going. Not my kind of thing really but they seem popular enough.

Idris2002

MENSA REJECT

More Lizzy, Philo had it down to a formula by this time. Given his own (later) record of alleged domestic violence, some of the lyrics make for uncomfortable listening. Some of the other lyrics are . . . interesting. "Where the mountains of Mourne come down to the sea" is a direct quote from Percy French, author of "Slattery's Mounted Foot" and various other songs from the days when people used to gather round the piano.

Last edited:

chilango

Der Teufel scheißt immer auf den größten Haufen
I had a pretty good LP by some sorta noise/shoegaze merchants, female vocals, plenty of feedback. Cover was greenish with a crudely stictched wound iirc. That was great. Can't remember who it was now....

Compulsion were ok too.

Idris2002

MENSA REJECT
1 Thin Lizzy 2 U2 3 Horslips 4 Rory Gallagher 5 The Pogues 6 Van the Man 7 Undertones 8 SLF 9 That Petrol Emotion 10 Hothouse Flowers.
I agree about Lizzy, but RG and the Undertones should be much further up. And yeah, U2 do have to be in there - I may not rate them now, but there was a time when they did mean a lot to me.

Sunderland Bhoy

I agree about Lizzy, but RG and the Undertones should be much further up. And yeah, U2 do have to be in there - I may not rate them now, but there was a time when they did mean a lot to me.
Saw Lizzy live 16 times Rory on three occasions I'm off to Ballyshannon next month can't wait. Its all about opinions I've got quality memories of all the ten acts I mentioned.