Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Irish bands....

clicker

nanook rubs it....
I remember as a kid going to a pub in mullingar because Brendan Shine drank there :rolleyes: or maybe Joe Dolan. It turned into the longest red lemonade ever. The adults got hammered and we went on to Castlebar and my Dad and Aunt won a dancing competition in another pub without even knowing it was taking place.

LiamO

I remember as a kid going to a pub in mullingar because Brendan Shine drank there :rolleyes: or maybe Joe Dolan. It turned into the longest red lemonade ever. The adults got hammered and we went on to Castlebar and my Dad and Aunt won a dancing competition in another pub without even knowing it was taking place.
:thumbs:

Btw... Mullingar would be Joe Dolan country. Brendan Shine is a Roscommon man.

mojo pixy

unquantifiable hazards
Also, I wonder if anyone else likes God is an Astronaut?
I always thought they were a bit like U2 but without Bono singing (or anyone singing)
So pretty good, really.

Something at random...

mojo pixy

unquantifiable hazards
I might be back with more later, but for now three is enough.
So I want to offer the psychedelic instrumental space rock of Yurt for consideration...
Their most recent album, in its entirety, on Bandcamp (though if you play it embedded here you'll probably just get one track, hopefully track 6)

Idris2002

MENSA REJECT
Best Irish band?

The Beatles?

The Smiths?

Oasis?
My poor cousin Steve, who worked for the local paper before he died, met the Gallagher brothers when they made the diasporic pilgrimage to their ancestral Mayo village. A great pair of lads they were too, apparently.

Cheesypoof

Fuck off Noddy
Banned
My favourite (modern) Irish band, The Rubberbandits. Best live band I have seen in a long time (apart from Alabama 3)

ska invita

back on the other side
Kevin Shields little brother Jimi was in Rollerskate Skinny
Also I think Big Tom has an incredible voice.
I like that....hadnt heard of them...will check more.

A House and Radiators seem to be influential, according to the Irish Times...havent heard of them either The Irish Times Top 40 Irish Albums

Calibre deserves a salute: one of the most prolific, consistent and respected producers in DnB.

Happy St Patricks Day :)