Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Belgian/Euro rave (91) for the weekend

danski

Comfortable chair.
Went to Telepahy in Bow a bit and went to/put on/just played at a lot of local raves/parties at the time. Local=east Kent.
Still have most of my records from then although I did get rid of a few hardcore bits.

ska invita

back on the other side
Went to Telepahy in Bow a bit and went to/put on/just played at a lot of local raves/parties at the time. Local=east Kent.
Still have most of my records from then although I did get rid of a few hardcore bits.
:oldthumbsup: :oldthumbsup:
id love to just read a tracklist of some of your favourites from your 91 bag (beyond the more obvious tunes)

danski

Comfortable chair.
:oldthumbsup: :oldthumbsup:
id love to just read a tracklist of some of your favourites from your 91 bag (beyond the more obvious tunes)
Noted. Don’t hold your breath though ;)
(I haven’t forgotten that dj Ron tape eihert, I’m just shit)

Eta...I’d love to do a mix of just that but I’ve moved yet again and everything is in boxes.

ska invita

back on the other side
Heard this on that 12 hour or whatever Autechre mix
This ones from 1990 - just a bit stompier than the 1991 sound - a pseudonym of Orlando Voorn , for me best known as Trigger
Out of Amsterdam on a label owned by Fierce Ruling Diva guys
Frequency - Hey, Hey, Hey (Panic Mix) 1990
Quality tune

ska invita

back on the other side
BTW there are now 3 volumes of 4xCD of TSOB Belgian tunes out there

too much music to plough through....hopefully will get there later in the year though

also spotted the documentary which never had a DVD release I dont think and no torrents is available to rent for £2 on Vimeo

Last edited:

Spandex

A crazy bulbous punchbag of sound
BTW there are now 3 volumes of 4xCD of TSOB Belgian tunes out there
I love those TSOB comps. They're a mixed bag though - they're all roughly chronolgical and divided into:

CD1 - post-punk, minimal synth, EBM
CD2 - New Beat
CD3 - Belgian rave
CD4 - trance

I can't see you getting very far into CD4 of any of them, unless you have some kind of epiphany and discover your inner trance bunny :D

ska invita

back on the other side
Ive whizzed through the 3xCD#3s and not found anything new that was to my liking, though purely for entertainment check out these two madness tracks from 1992 I came across. 1991, all present and correct, 1992 they lost their fucking minds in a fashion. Road to oblivion :)

Genuinely kind of like this one but its too hard for my bag. Hard Core - especially into the second half.

This one even harder still but made me laugh because of the spoken intro! :D

mash up
need a nice cup of tea after that

nutters

Last edited: