Belfast shame

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by krtek a houby, Aug 27, 2016.

1. krtek a houby

krtek a houby how's it going to end?

Belfast City Cemetery: 13 Jewish graves damaged in attack - BBC News

William Humphrey from the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) said he was "disgusted and appalled".

"I understand that council staff reported that eight youths, supported by a larger crowd, caused the damage, using hammers and blocks," he said.

It seems hardly a week goes by without an attack on "minorities" in Belfast. I'm told it's often down to loyalist affiliated thugs. :(

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  2. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

You might want to check your link there

Chemical needs, Ax^ and krtek a houby like this.
  3. krtek a houby

Unfortunate link choice for serious story :oops:

Now changed. Thanks!

4. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

weird, I thought that lot waived Stars of David etc in oppo to Repubs - or they couldn't maintain that particular charade ?

5. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

They just do that because Republicans wave Palestinian flags. Politically speaking most loyalists are openly far right and there have been known links to neo-nazi groups such as C18.

Lupa and krtek a houby like this.
  6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Not least due to the number of touts and assets in c18 etc

7. Idris2002

Idris2002 Christmas eve, you know?

Pickman's model likes this.
  8. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

yep, quality bunch all said

likesfish likes this.
  9. STP

STP Well-Known Member

I think you'll find it was "nationalist youth" who'd got a bit excited over the Celtic- Hapoel match midweek. The bhoys in green do a nice line in anti-semitism, as evidenced by one of their more prominant supporters recently referring to Jews as "sub-human rats".
    Both sides contain their fair share of arseholes.
    But feel free to tarnish every working class Protestant as a knuckle dragging bigot if it suits your narrative.

tedsplitter and likesfish like this.
  10. Idris2002

Just been talking to someone at home, and apparently this happened not far from the Falls at all.

So, almost certainly not those of the loyal persuasion, but their equivalents on the other side.

likesfish likes this.
  11. Pickman's model

It wasn't "jews" but Zionists Edinburgh NUS delegate calls Zionists ‘sub-human rats’ in addition being an nus delegate doesn't really make you prominent. What's your agenda I wonder

12. Idris2002

Yeah, well, that guy's pretty clearly the sort of shitehawk who thinks "Jew" and "Zionist" are synonyms.

And he describes himself as a Communist. Well, anti-semitism is a breach of party discipline, so to the Gulag with him.

Pickman's model likes this.
  13. Idris2002

14. Pickman's model

very strange posting history too.

15. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

It would make sense seeing as they've adopted the Palestininan cause.

likesfish likes this.
  16. Idris2002

With friends like these. . .

8den likes this.
  17. Idris2002

Ah, I see what you did there.

18. Pickman's model

yes. so iyo everyone who espouses the palestinian cause is at least predisposed to attacking jewish graves. top work.

Lupa likes this.
  19. Idris2002

There is no such predisposition, but there is a responsibility on those who would espouse the palestinian cause to ensure that their message cannot be misinterpreted or misused. I've never been entirely sure that supporters of that cause in the west have been properly aware of that responsibility - certainly what I've heard about the Irish Palestine Solidarity campaign (or whatever it's called - the one in the 26 counties I mean) doesn't inspire confidence on that score.

krtek a houby likes this.
  20. Idris2002

21. krtek a houby

22. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

Considering how much EU money was poured into the north the strength of the pro Brexit campaign up here would be surprising, if you didn't know that wrong headed pig ignorant bollocks are all adjectives that suit Northern Ireland politics to a T.

likesfish likes this.
  23. krtek a houby

I had fellow Irish tell me that the racism was all down to the loyalists. How naive of me.

24. krtek a houby

Bumped.

Am I wrong in assuming both these flags could be seen as loyalist?

upload_2018-10-4_9-8-37.png

I recognise the first one, having seen it around. The second one I'm not entirely familiar with. Anyone know the specifics of it?

Thanks.

25. flypanam

flypanam Local oaf

Both Loyalists. I've not seen the second but can surmise its represents the idea that the 6 counties are British.

26. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

27. krtek a houby

I missed this and you probably don't post here anymore but I was talking about loyalists.

28. Lupa

Lupa A loving heart is the truest wisdom

So you're tarring everyone with the same brush.
    :rolleyes:

I happen to support the Palestinian cause. I'm not anti Semitic. I just think that I relate to what's happening in Palestine and that the Israelis have made Palestinians lives horrendously miserable in the same way that the Brit Army and government made Irish Catholics lives miserable for way too long.

But you would align me with an anti Semitic viewpoint just because I criticise a country?

Come off it.

Eta...just saw this is an old thread....:facepalm:

krtek a houby likes this.
  29. krtek a houby

Yeah, my fault. Bumped it the other day as I didn't want to start another.

Lupa likes this.
  30. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

the sort of fuckwit who'd smash up a gravestone probably see Israel =Jews
    probably couldn't find Gaza on a map