1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beauty products that actually work

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by Ms T, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Sirena

Sirena Don't monkey with the buzzsaw

Here's a review of a semi-permanent lipstick

2. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

:D:D:D:thumbs:

Love her honesty :D

3. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

:D:D:D Brilliant.

4. May Kasahara

May Kasahara the kindness kind

A word of warning from an idiot (me): don't, as I did, swipe Nip and Fab toning pads all around your eye area and then go out in the sun without putting on any sunscreen. I did this last week and basically fried my eyelids :facepalm: Just getting over the stingy, puffy stage now, but they're still intensely itchy and a bit sore, even with repeated applications of my daughter's eczema cream.

5. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

:D:D:D that video's fucking ace

Sirena likes this.
  6. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

:eek::eek::eek:

7. muvva

muvva Well-Known Member

The newish blusher Galifornia from Benefit is ace, it also smells luscious.

bubblesmcgrath likes this.
  8. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

Got some of the Aldi alleged Liz Earle dupe Fez909. I've never used the Liz Earle but I didn't like the smell as much as my old favourite Soap and Glory Ultimelt, and I found it a bit drying on my dryish skin (on a very hot day) Might be better on oilier complexions. Better than some more expensive cleansers I've tried but if I'm going super cheap I prefer the Superdrug Vitamin E Oil cleanser.

Eta. Can't remember what thread this was discussed in. Ah well, it's late and I've written it here now.

bubblesmcgrath and Fez909 like this.
  9. May Kasahara

May Kasahara the kindness kind

My eyelids are still a bit fucked up and I haven't been able to wear make up for a while, so I decided to chuck out most of my make up and start again. Bought some Bare Minerals foundation and concealer at the weekend - it's great, gentle on the skin, good coverage, makes me look healthy.

10. bubblesmcgrath

bubblesmcgrath Well-Known Member

I've ditched my old makeup routine too and moved to a lovely Clinique moisture surge CC cream in a compact....it's factor 25 and is really light....just invisible on the skin. I'm very pale and find it hard to find a good colour match but this is perfect.

[​IMG]

Bought some benefit mascara and brow stuff.
    Sorted for Summer now. :)