Beatherder 2018

Discussion in 'festivals' started by Shirl, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

[​IMG]

As usual I'll be there with The Perfumed Garden. Anyone else going?

sojourner and kevkaos like this.
  2. eightball

eightball Well-Known Member

Count me in, just bought tickets :)

sojourner and Shirl like this.
  3. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

I'm also going having missed last year.

Anyone heard of Dreadzone before? Are they a new band or something?

4. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Do Dreadzone do anything apart from festivals these days? :hmm:

5. Teaboy

If you performed at 37 festivals every weekend for the entire summer would you have energy for anything else?

6. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Yeh, we're in. Is Mik Artistik not on this year then Shirl ? Despite him playing what seems like every BH we've ever been to, we only saw his stuff on youtube a couple of months ago. Think he's funny as fuck and kicking meself for not seeing him before!

And fucking Hot Pots. Fuck off :mad:

I'll no doubt be spending a sizeable chunk of me time in the Perfumed Garden anyway mate so I'll see you in there.

Kaka Tim likes this.
  7. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I couldn't believe the Hot Pots were on again :rolleyes: First time I saw them at Solfest I thought they were funny but once is enough, not every damned year. Final line up is still a way off so there's a chance of Mik Artistik. He could be in Trailer Trash I guess.

sojourner likes this.
  8. sojourner

They're not even funny. They rip the piss out of working class people in a way that isn't clever and affectionate like the Royle Family were, but in a nasty sneery way. Fucking hate them.

Anyway, hopefully Mik A will be on :)

Kaka Tim likes this.
  9. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Wow a festie with a non piss taking approach for campervan / caravan pass.

10. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

yup, they've played Cardiff a couple of times in the last 3 years so must tour venues too

11. Teaboy

No sign of your man on the latest release of names. We can however, look forward to Pete Tong, Boney M, Black Lace and Gong.

Even I feel too young for that.

Shirl likes this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I don't think my heart ever sunk as fast as when I was a ta festival (Endorse It?) and the special amazing secret headliner was revealed. Dread-fucking-zone.

Shirl likes this.
  13. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

It's a good job I don't go for the music :D

sojourner likes this.
  14. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

have to say - that line up is doing nothing for me.

15. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

it's the same every year, more or less.

16. Kaka Tim

i think the amount of live music has gone down. its was always very edm orientated - but there was usually enough live bands to keep it interesting. now the only live bands are "comedy" shite like the hot pots or festival-orientated, student-groove bollocks. For a few years they had the m'asion detre tent, which always seemed to have some real good quality and variety - but its not there anymore.

17. sojourner

This, really. I go to BH for the vibe, however old and hippyfuck that makes me sound. And to catch up with mates who I only see there, round the fire/yurt. Sometimes there'll be something we catch by accident that sends me off dancing for hours, and that's usually found in the Perfumed Garden tbh, with one exception in Toiltrees a couple of years ago with Nicola Bear. Oh and Utah Saints a few years ago, the time before the time when I think the band after them didn't turn up, so by 2 hours of US they sounded all the same songs and I was too fucked to dance anymore. Muddy one that year.

18. sojourner

Oh I don't know you know. Smoky Tentacles has had some fucking amazing stuff on every year, usually in the afternoons.

19. Kaka Tim

i must have missed that - when i was camped next to it the other year and it seemed to be wall to wall, trustifarian fronted cod reggae!

kevkaos and sojourner like this.
  20. Teaboy

I just go for the view from the camp site. When the cloud lifts that is.

Shirl likes this.
  21. sojourner

Unlucky :D

22. sojourner

No need to be snidey about it

23. Teaboy

:confused:

I actually do like the view out across the valley. Its probably the best view from a festival campsite I've ever seen. Also though it has often been shrouded in cloud in the past.

24. sojourner

Yes but you don't go just for that do you? Your comment came across as a bit snidey about people saying they don't go for the bands.

25. Teaboy

Well that came out wrong then. I was thinking more that me and my friends spend a lot of the festival at the campsite, certainly during the day. I was also thinking back to a glorious afternoon in the sunshine when I acquired some gentle and lovely shrooms to sit and enjoy the landscape.

sojourner likes this.
  26. sojourner

Let you off then ;)

When was the last time you came?

Teaboy likes this.
  27. Teaboy

2 years ago I think. It was a proper mud fest, not much rain but the damage had already been done.

sojourner likes this.
  28. sojourner

Ah yes, I remember. I thought the mud actually helped with the bonding/solidarity though. Everyone was so lovely and helpful with each other, cos EVERYONE fell over at some point and there were no end of helping hands to get you back up. And Sunday did what it always does - cracked the flags.

The worst thing about 2 years ago was the knobhead security, who I swear were behind all the car robberies. Absolute cunts. But the lads at BH totally took it on board and last year's security were well chilled.

29. Teaboy

Ah yes I remember reading your car got broken into, the security being the main culprits.

You're right about the solidarity, everyone went face first at some point. Also because it didn't really rain that much and the campsite remained in decent condition it didn't really have a negative effect like the mud can at other festivals. I've been to festivals where the weather is one of the only things you remember but apart from the quagmire around the entrances it was good fun.

sojourner likes this.
  30. Teaboy

Snooker legend Steve 'interesting' Davis is playing at Trash Manor apparently. I can't say I've ever seen anything about his dj career, plays prog-rock apparently.

Its certainly an eclectic line-up this year.