1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bearded Theory, Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th May 2018 (Late May Bank Holiday w/e)

Discussion in 'festivals' started by William of Walworth, Nov 8, 2017.

1. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

We've just bought tickets (with the help of some cash that with unexpected luck, I won in a work syndicate last week) :cool:

Part of the line up has just been announced -- Jimmy Cliff headlining Sunday :). I'm also delighted that Ruts DC are back, they were fantastic last time they were booked :cool:

There'll be loads more acts to go obviously -- also, read the newsletter in that link and you'll see a few changes, new areas, etc.

I hope plenty of Urban festivalgoers make this one, including a few wanting to try something new?

Bearded has a fantastic friendly, old-school, alternative-friendly atmosphere**. Of all the fests we go to, we'd recommend this one right up there among the best.

**And a huge campervan/live-in vehicle field ;) :cool:

No Glastonbury 2018 ( :( ), so how many might be up for this instead?

BeardedTheory.co.uk

Bearded Theory's Spring Gathering

2. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Yes, I have tickets :)

William of Walworth likes this.
  3. Riff

Riff B@nned from eGofestivals

Us too! :)

4. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

us too - well, paid the deposit anyway and we managed to persuade some friends to come this time as well. looking forward to sleaford mods and the everly pregnant brothers so far, otherwise line up is a bit meh for me, but i thought that last year and had a wicked time!

5. William of Walworth

Lorca -- as you know, line-up is very incomplete indeed so far, so I have high hopes that you'll enjoy the fest just as much in 2018 as 2017 :cool: :)

Lorca likes this.
  6. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

Just bought my ticket. For me to do something like that so far in advance is a first :D

7. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

definitely, i'd pretty much enjoy it whoever was playing and i'm pleased to see a comedy tent added as well. if the main line up is not my thing, i'll spend more time in the maui waui tent, which i keep meaning to do anyway.

looks like we're getting the festival bug, hoping to go to the green gathering, surplus fest if its on and possibly shrewsbury folk festival this year too :cool:. we're also buying a new tent we can stand up in, since ours got trashed by drunken hooligans!

8. William of Walworth

We're confident that Surplus will be back in 2018, because they seem to have a reliably good site sorted now, here in South Wales :) :cool:

See ya there :D :p :)

We've never been to Surplus, because their date is generally too soon after exhausting ourselves :hmm: working and playing at Glastonbury ( :) :cool: but also :eek:. )

Not next year though ;)

Lorca likes this.