Bearded Theory 2020, Thursday 21st to Sunday 24th May (Late May Bank Holiday weekend)

Discussion in 'festivals' started by William of Walworth, Sep 4, 2019.

1. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Very early to start a new thread :oops: on this excellent (in 2019) festival, but I've started this because Early Bird tickets will be going on sale this coming Saturday (7th September).

Nothing on the official BT website yet, but their Facebook page announces this :

This Saturday is falling at a skint time for us so we'll be picking the instalments method to pay -- details available somewhere :oops:

Anyway, this was a fantastic festival back in May, and I've every confidence next year's will be as good :cool: :)
    Hope to see plenty of Urban festival-lovers there ..... :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  2. William of Walworth

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  3. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

Nope, thats the spider, the afterburner is the first stage they built that looks a bit like a rocket

4. William of Walworth

I wasn't ever aware of the pre-Spider stuff from Arcadia :oops: :oops: ... But looking again around Aracadia's FB, it looks like it showed up at plenty of fests a while back ...

But was the Afterburner ever at Glastonbury?? :confused:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:16 PM
  5. William of Walworth

Here's the first of Bearded's Newsletters for 2020 .... That's the first time I've noticed that Magical Sounds tent will be taking a rest in 2020 ... :hmm:

From August 2nd, on the Magical Sounds Facebook page

That's partly why BT have hired Aracadia Afterburner for next year, it seems. Plus there'll be a different dance tent at the festival anyway :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:17 PM
    editor likes this.
  6. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was in the naughty corner back in 2007 or so for a couple of years growing each time...

William of Walworth likes this.
  7. William of Walworth

You've got a better memory of Glastonbury back then that I have :oops: ... from what little I vaguely recall in 2007, 2008, etc., I thought Aracadia @Glastonbury was the Spider back then! I do remember it's old location there though, and I went at least twice to the shows.

Anyway, it's nice to know that the Afterburner is being revived at Bearded Theory 2020. I bet it'll be quite spectacular at a relatively small festival like this :) :cool:

8. Stig

Stig Bull in a china shop

I tried to get early bird tickets but it seems they sold out in one second. I was there on the exact dot on 9am, and as soon as the button was live it went through to sold out.

I got the next tier, so will still be along.

William of Walworth and Badgers like this.
  9. William of Walworth

As ticket sell-outs go, that was spectacularly quick, last Saturday!! :eek:

My attempt to get Kate Bush tickets (London gigs) a few years back, also failed :mad: :(
    But she at least had the politeness only to sell out her multiple gigs in about four or five minutes! :p

10. William of Walworth

Stig -- nice to know you'll be back at BT! :cool: :)

Badgers : Thinking about it yourself, man? :)