1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bearded Theory 2017 25-28 May. No. 10!

Discussion in 'festivals' started by edwinchester, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Riff

Riff B@nned from eGofestivals

I seem to have a fair old bit of ale too, but only 8 tins of cider. Bollocks! I'll power-drink my way through it!

mr steev likes this.
  2. edwinchester

edwinchester Well-Known Member

I've got the usual barrel of freshly made nettle beer which is nicely refreshing. Had some leakage on the way down but most survived :thumbs:

3. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

The sun's is shining and will (mostly) continue to, Bearded Theory starts tomorrow and we're still going ...!

I'll be offline after about 8:45 am Thurs, so if there's any ideas for an Urban meetup, can someone please text me?
    wiskey Stig

PS : Stig -- we have the beer! Bargain for 24 cans -- will text you tomorrow anyway :)

Stig likes this.
  4. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

currently weighing up the pros and cons of trying to leave before 9.

either way we'll get there at some point

5. Stig

Stig Bull in a china shop

This is the best news - Thanks William!

That's not going to happen here. Leave at 10, get there when we get there, abandon all plans of camping with anyone and just put the tent up wherever. Seems the best path considering we're doing the public transport and rucksacks option.

6. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Feck it's hot. All my stuff is in a van that arrives this evening. I have a Hobos t-shirt and beer money. Wish me luck

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

chainsawjob likes this.
  7. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Friday bar outside Maui waui at 1ish? They have shade.

chainsawjob, Mogden and wiskey like this.
  8. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Shade!![​IMG]

9. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

We arrived about 1, have set up camp.... And melted!

Will try and find people at 1 tomorrow,which is predicted to be 26 degrees :hmm: :oops:

chainsawjob likes this.
  10. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

I'm about tomorrow :)

chainsawjob likes this.
  11. chainsawjob

chainsawjob Cautiously impulsive

I'll aim to be there :)

12. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

Mug shot for urbs who do want to say hello today :)[​IMG]

chainsawjob likes this.
  13. chainsawjob

chainsawjob Cautiously impulsive

I've put one in Ugly Mugs thread.

14. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

Broken and a serious case of fun stroke... that was fucking ace :cool:

15. edwinchester

We had to quit after we'd caught the fireworks and grabbed a bite to eat. The spirit was willing but the legs and back were weak after Kissmet

mr steev likes this.
  16. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

That was enjoyable mostly, I got a bit hot and cross on Fri (dealing with three hot children), I got thoroughly fed up of having to walk through the fair every time we went out and the lack of bins in the arena was farcical

But apart from that I had a jolly good time :cool:

edwinchester likes this.
  17. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

A fantastic festival with such a variety of acts and music.

Lorca likes this.
  18. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

we again had a brilliant time, esp. Alabama 3, The Fall, the last 20 mins of Madness, DJ Templehead playing loads of old skool house tunes, Skippinish (who i surprisingly thought were really pretty good), 3DM, the Red Barrows etc etc Also, mostly amasing, friendly people, beautiful weather and a wicked atmosphere across the whole site.

Only slight downsides were the lack of decent vegan food (imo) and the group of intimidating lads (and their girlfriends) who unfortunately decided to pitch their tents right next to us in the quiet camping area. you have to expect drunken dramas at a festie, but these lot were quite agressive, as well as constantly being sexist and homophobic. one lad in particular got into shouting matches with his missus in the middle of the night, giving her absolutely vile abuse and trashing their tent - depressing to hear. it was so bad we avoided going back to our tent at times. We did wonder a bit if BT booking big names like Madness attracted a wider demographic of people who would perhaps usually go to Reading and all that, but I suppose you can get a few knobs in any large group.

I feel bad about not pulling them up on their sexist and homophobic 'jokes,' or reporting them to security, but they would have got nasty for sure, and who needs that - I go to Bearded precisely to get away from crap like that. Ho hum, no real harm done and still had an amaing time - now thinking of going to the big green gathering next :)

phillm likes this.
  19. edwinchester

Was that really in the quiet camping?

20. Lorca

'fraid so :( guess there's always a few eejits. annoyingly, they kept tripping over our tent guylines all night as well - and someone nearby was snoring loud enough to wake the dead too!!!! :mad: i should say though, they never hassled us in any way,we just felt a wee bit intimidated,and they didn't stop us having a brilliant time. i would recommend BT, even though a lot of the music was not particularly to my taste .

edwinchester likes this.
  21. William of Walworth

We had a brllliant time overall. One highlight was The Fall, but three of us (not Deb) had had 3 hashcakes for a fiver about two hours before and they were VERY strong. In consequence, for the notable periods the band were onstage and Mark E. Smith wasn't, I decided that they sounded very like Hawkwind (the lightshow helped) :D :p :oops:

mr steev and Lorca like this.
  22. edwinchester

We walked away from the Fall. The missus just doesn't get post punk

23. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

very easy to sing along with though you just yell drunkenly ' yaffg shdhdh aaargg rarrr warrr daarr ' vaguely in some sort of time to the music (or not as the mood takes you) and sway backwards and forwards staring at randoms (but not menacingly). And voila you are part of the Fall Choir. Magic.

24. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

Unfortunately Kaspa didn't make it to Bearded Theory this year. I kept seeing her everywhere, or rather thought I did, even though I knew she wasn't there. She passed yesterday so I think myself and my besties tonight will be blasting out lots of Carter along with some other favourites of hers. I hope she's got Carter on repeat, better than resting in peace x

25. William of Walworth

Very sorry to read that Mogden -- go Carter though! :)

Mogden likes this.
  26. Lorca

next years early bird tickets sold out in 3 minutes apparently. we were all set to put down a deposit but i fell asleep saturday morning and they were all long gone by the time i remembered! all credit to the promoters i think, that BT is so highly regarded, though i kind of selfishly hope it doesn't grow any bigger, its fine as it is.

27. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

I don't really see what all the fuss is about, you only save 15 quid a ticket with the early bird. I know I don't pay for many festival tickets but it doesn't seem much of a saving for the hassle.

chainsawjob likes this.
  28. William of Walworth

We were bang on time the other day to try for the early-birds (because we were going to order a minimum of three), but inevitably, with only a seven minute window, we failed.

Whatevs though ... as wiskey rightly said, I'm sure we can manage an extra fifteen quid each ...