Bearded Theory 2017 25-28 May. No. 10!

Discussion in 'festivals' started by edwinchester, Aug 18, 2016.

1. edwinchester

edwinchester Well-Known Member

Bearded Theory next year will be number 10 and the 10th one we've been to. It's been amazing watching it grow and getting involved - can't wait to see what they do to celebrate it! :D

kevkaos likes this.
  2. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

We'll definitely be there ...

edwinchester likes this.
  3. Tort

Tort Well-Known Member

Possibly making a return but will be gutted to miss Knockengorroch if we do.

4. edwinchester

10th anniversary. Who knows what they're going to do

5. edwinchester

Great lineup so far. Thursday is going to feature bands from the first Bearded and the weekend includes the likes of Skunk Anansie, The Alarm, Sugar Hill Gang and Kismet :D

Line Up

6. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

We've got tickets

edwinchester likes this.
  7. Riff

Riff B@nned from eGofestivals

We may have also sort of bought tickets for this. :)

Although 3 Daft Monkeys are playing AGAIN. I'm sure they're stalking me! :mad:

edwinchester likes this.
  8. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Haha I thought that a few years ago, massive case of over exposure!

Riff likes this.
  9. William of Walworth

African Head Charge! :cool: :)

10. William of Walworth

That Thursday lineup will bring back a few fond memories, we were there at the first ever Bearded (2008), in the back garden of a pub :D

We enjoyed it so much we've been to every one since :) Next year will be no different.

wiskey : And you can never get enough of the Three Daft Monkeys :hmm: :cool:

11. Tort

Tort Well-Known Member

I do remember a few years ago saying "see you next weekend" to them several times over the summer.

William of Walworth likes this.
  12. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

I dunno, they were part of the reason we knocked beautiful days on the head.

moose and Riff like this.
  13. William of Walworth

Sod the headliners ;) :p

14. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

oh they weren't headlining, oh no, they were everywhere! playing impromptu gigs here or there, or proper gigs but 3 times a day, and always where I happened to be.

Riff likes this.
  15. Riff

Riff B@nned from eGofestivals

I feel your pain, I really do. I used to make the effort to see them. Now I make the effort to avoid them. I nearly bought a lovely "Field of Avalon" t-shirt at Glasto this year, until I saw THEIR name was on it!

16. Mogden

Mogden I like tea

Ticket already purchased for next year. May be tinged with sadness but I hope not. Fingers crossed for one of my festival friends, hoping she makes it.

17. William of Walworth

I only bought that shirt BECAUSE of 3DM.... :p

Not really :D ...

... but you missed out on a classic shirt. And they only played the Avalon Cafe anyway, not the big Avalon top.

18. William of Walworth

Sorry to see this -- very biggest sympathies to your friend, and to you.

Mogden likes this.
  19. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Try living in West Cornwall :(:hmm::D

wiskey likes this.
  20. William of Walworth

They get away elsewhere :D

21. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

it would be ok if they stayed in West Cornwall but you keep letting them out!

22. William of Walworth

I think you're all being a tad harsh here. Bastards etc!

23. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

24. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

went to this last year (first paid festie in probs 15 years) and thought it was brilliant. gotta say though, the line up for 2017 so far looks underwhelming to say the least. we will probs still go though, and have a good 'un. safe as milk looks more my thing musically, but persuading my missus to sit through an entire nurse with wound set ain't gonna be easy, unfortunately!

25. edwinchester

Magical Sounds line up announcement - Bearded Theory

Sunday afternoon remains strongly a folk and instrumental dance music affair with 2 of the best providers of high-energy global folk, Ushti Baba and the 3 Daft Monkeys. As we move into the evening, the vibe gets more global and dubby as we prepare to finish the weekend immersed in global colour and sound. Headlining is the amazing Transglobal Underground – live plus special guests and joining them are Globular – Live, Dub Trees – Live, Kukan Dub Lagan – Live, 3 Daft Monkeys Live, DJ Indigo Herder, Ushti Baba – Live, DJ Indian Man Bhangra special and DRUM MACHINE

26. William of Walworth

As you say though it's 'so far', and the line-up's very far from complete yet ... just to be fair like.

27. William of Walworth

From the Berded Theory Facebook page back on 27th November, but this news doesn't seem to feature on the main site's line-up page yet :

But I ewas veyr happy to see this news :) :cool:

Also looking like I'll need to spend a fair but more time than usual in Magical Sounds, in 2017.

Plenty of that line-up posted by edwinchester looks cracking ... :)

28. William of Walworth

Latest on lineup updates etc., from the Bearded Theory Facebook feed. Was posted on Friday 16th December :

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  29. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

yeah - just bought tickets - madness and alabama 3 added to bill! :D

30. edwinchester

Anti-Nowhere League too!