1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barca v Madrid Copa Del Rey Final. Or Gareth Bale's goal deserves its own thread.

Discussion in 'football' started by skyscraper101, Apr 17, 2014.

1. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Now, that was a goal.

He went to the same school as me, so I'm off to try and find some reflected glory.

shambler, marty21, T & P and 2 others like this.
  3. fuck seals

fuck seals Well-Known Member

He is a fecking machine

4. charliechalk

charliechalk Banned Banned

Typical bale, all he did was run fast, and 2 of his 5 or so touches were very poor, I don't think its a particularly great goal but they are jizzing over it on sky sports and talk sport.

Onket, imposs1904 and heinous seamus like this.
  5. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

fuck off that was immense!
    :D go on that Welsh man :)

6. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Come on, that was some ball control to end up beating two players over that distance and pace and then putting it between the keepers legs.

ddraig likes this.
  7. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

Not bad. Shite goalkeeping though.

8. charliechalk

No it wasn't, do maria did better to set it up than bale did scoring it

9. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

The Madrillenos will love that.

10. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Almost as good as Rod Wallace against spurs in 94 - 20 years to the day as it goes.

heinous seamus likes this.
  11. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

As much as it pains me to acknowledge a moment of Leeds brilliance (though, since Luton became Champions on Tuesday night, I can be magnanimous), the Rod Wallace goal was much better - beat three people with close control, and curled it around a fourth and into the top corner, leaving the keeper with no chance.

12. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Is there a clip of the Barca player picking up the ball and smashing it into the face of a Real player, the ref not two metres away and doing fuck all?

13. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

Do you know how hard it actually is to control a football when you're running as fast as you can? Very fucking hard as it goes. Great goal I'm happy for him.

14. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

I am filing that goal as very good.
    Not in my 'great' or 'immense' goal files.

Onket and imposs1904 like this.
  15. charliechalk

I do having been on the books of 2 senior clubs and its not nearly as hard as bale made it look last night, his control isn't very good just his pace allows him to get away with it.

Onket likes this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That goal was a wonderful combination of pace, strength and skill. And if you can't see that, well, that's your loss.

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yes, because we see players scoring solo goals like that against one of the best teams in the world every week don't we? Oh, wait.... :facepalm:

18. charliechalk

No strength required as he physically came into contact with a grand total of no players at all

Skill was very bad, almost all his touches of the ball were poor, he nearly tripped up over it entering the box

It was a result of pace solely, and hardly a 'solo' goal as he 'beat' only one player by kicking it past him and running really fast

19. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

3 seconds, Barca player tries to knock him over. 8 seconds, same again. 10 seconds, same again.

20. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Erm, did you miss him being barged off the pitch?

T & P, marty21 and editor like this.
  21. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

To be fair to the lad, at Spurs he would have gone straight down and rolled around then :)

Onket likes this.
  22. charliechalk

He had to swerve to avoid bartra,,he wasn't barged anywhere or challenged at all, bartra could and should have taken him out at that point but that's another matter.

23. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

needs Alan Hansen going on about how bad the defending was...

:p

24. mack

mack Fact Me Till I Fart

A good fucking goal to win the cup.

editor likes this.
  25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And control. And strength. And skill. And fitness.

26. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

*bunfight*

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

He probably had a couple of them en route to the goal too. That's how good it was.

28. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

The defender should have tackled him, Bale should have lost control of the ball, the goalkeeper should have saved it, a rogue sniper should have shot Bale just inside the penalty area. But none of that happened and Bale scored a cracking goal.

editor likes this.
  29. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

Should have been booked for leaving the pitch without the referee's permission and an indirect free kick for Barca

Onket likes this.
  30. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

So he IS worth every penny of the money they paid then?