1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bandcamp people needed

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ugger, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:07 AM.

1. ugger

ugger New Member

Why people can listen the songs of my album for free?

2. S☼I

S☼I Cats Bumino

Do you not want them to?

3. krtek a houby

krtek a houby If specified, this will replace the title

4. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

You can set it so they can't, or they can only hear selected tracks, or only listen a number of times (with the paid for version anyway - not sure if the free version is as flexible).

I think the whole point of bandcamp is letting people hear your music though. If you don't want people to listen to your music before they pay, other platforms may be better.

5. S☼I

S☼I Cats Bumino

Yeah. There'll be a setting somewhere to let people make a donation if they want - I've grabbed a few things off Bandcamp and given that option I've always given a couple of quid.

6. krtek a houby

krtek a houby If specified, this will replace the title

Oh; this a real thing? My bad. Apologies ugger
    Hope your album takes off.

7. S☼I

S☼I Cats Bumino

Still up in the air whether ugger will return I guess.

krtek a houby likes this.
  8. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

Are you worried that once they hear your music they'll decide its not worth buying?

9. ugger

ugger New Member

I dont think that no real musician is afraid of no she,ur playing the scape gout nogojones,it is very silly but the only truth if you write and let people get your work for free,they loose the interest in you all in all,and that is something you can take it however.
    In the biz of music we give music for free for default like promotional videos,radio airplay,music appeared on tv,and underground piracy distribution,there is gossip almost nobody is selling this days not only the adventured that let people rip their music for free,the trends on the internet last forever and nowadays without having at least one video with 1 million views people think you suck even if you allow them to hear and is just trends,bizarre trends.

What you depict nogojones is that you allow people to hear all and then they do a favor to you and if they liked they donate,why because your simply not famous.

I like in my taste to let them hear a bit and that they take the risk to purchase,I mean is the way it was in the 80s I didnt know who was those guys that had their vinyl records on the store and always toook risk to purchase their shi u know.

I love this forum in this thread I got most of my deductiones cleared like the watar ,certainly it is the fact that the free version dont allow you to have control of your music and you have to allow people to hear all ur shi,certainly for free and that indeed the free version give you payment as a favor to you in means of freakin donation.

Maybe is not the good platform as this guy says ,yes it dont allow you to promote ur stuff on social networks in the way of itunes where they hear a bit of the song and if they like what they hear they purchase download,thats actually what I want but I dont think this guys have a good frame of biz ,but that the artist pays before he or she gets paid,al in all.

10. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

11. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

This one time, at bandcamp...

krtek a houby likes this.