Aylesbury accept relegation as their officials changing room wasn't big enough

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Jan 24, 2019.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What do we think?
    Harsh? Or them the rules?

Aylesbury accept relegation following ground grading changes

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

These forthcoming regulations were made known 3 or 4 years ago. The FA hasn't helped by promoting dozens of clubs beyond their natural level by creating extra divisions at each step of the Pyramid. But some clubs must be meeting these standards otherwise there wouldn't be anyone to take the places of the demoted clubs. So not that harsh.

3. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Not uncommon but it does seem harsh to me.

My team, Penzance, aren't allowed to compete in the FA Vase because we don't have a separate toilet for the ref, for example. Portaloos don't count, apparently. Yes, we've asked. :D Down here at Step 6/7 we've had the situation where the league champions can't be promoted because they don't have floodlights, too.

The FA can be really inflexible over this stuff - last year when we had all that bad weather we had the most insane fixture congestion (two or three games a week for months once the rain stopped) and the FA were deaf to all pleas to extend the league by a few weeks to make it easier.

SpookyFrank, editor and pompeydunc like this.
  4. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Fuck the FA

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Fuck Aylesbury. Town thieves.

StephenMac likes this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The trouble with being "flexible" is that flexibility has to be mutually acceptable for all clubs involved. Extending the season to suit some clubs may inconvenience others.

If the governing bodies are too flexible then ultimately you'll just get some clubs that wing it and take liberties, prioritising trophies or promotion over maintaining or upgrading their facilities.

7. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Harsh. There should be "grandfathering". Clubs should be able to stay in a division if the rules change.

Raising standards is a "good thing", but many clubs simply haven't got the cash or the space.

8. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Most contracts are for the season aren't they? I can't see other clubs being too happy with having to extend all their players for the benefit of one team.

Pink Panther likes this.
  9. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Shithouse of a club. It's karma, fuck 'em.

supersafari and B.I.G like this.
  10. StephenMac

Also disingenuous of them because they're going to get relegated anyway, purely for being shit at football.

B.I.G likes this.
  11. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Not quite relegated..but I see what you mean: League Tables - Evo-Stik League South

12. StephenMac

The form book suggests they will. And when they are I will go to Aylesbury for the second time in 25 years and have a little party in the puddle and scaffolding that is their ground.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  13. Dulwich Mishi

Still not ticked that ground yet myself...

14. AlanJTerror

AlanJTerror Member

StephenMac. You obviously are not a " football supporter" if you were you would not make such a cretinous statement as that.
    You have a short memory, it might have been your team or are you one of the "New supporters" with no real knowledge of what a true supporter really is.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  15. StephenMac

Best crack on then

16. StephenMac

Pleasure to make your acquaintance Alan. However your words cannot hurt me as my wings are like a shield of steel.

Not sure what your "fc football supporter" bit is all about but it sounds pretty funky.

I know all about Aylesbury FC and all the damage they did to a century old pillar of non league football. Chancers.

Peace be with you.

supersafari likes this.
  17. tasty_snacks

tasty_snacks Well-Known Member

Anything the FA is involved in is guaranteed to be a complete balls up.

18. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Newbie, without doubt.

YTC and Cyclodunc like this.
  19. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Hopefully ill fate will befall all the supporters of that club.

20. mx wcfc

I confess my sympathetic comments above were based on no knowledge of Aylesbury or their percieved sins. I'm just a non league fan.

21. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Do “True” supporters volunteer their time for their club?

I hear Tooting have a problem in that regard.

YTC likes this.
  22. mx wcfc

I should also add that my team struggles to cope when we have a female official. It's not out of any opposition to the concept. We just about meet the Southern League requirements, but that's all. I'd be far happier (and so would the club) if we had much better accommodation for teams and officials, and disabled fans and everyone, but we would need planning permission, money (!) and a far longer lease from the council to do anything. That's why I am sympathetic to other clubs who can't meet arbitrary, imposed from above, rules.

23. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

I once was treasurer of a football club.
    I used to pay the referee £15 before the match and he used to get changed in his car.

When did referees get such airs and graces with their dressing room rider?
    It starts with 18 square foot and ends with bowls of only blue M&Ms and flying monkeys.

24. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Just for some perspective of scale...

This guy lives in a 18 square metre home:

25. StephenMac

And I should say that I do have sympathy with any other clubs affected by it.

mx wcfc likes this.
  26. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Good reading Gromit.

27. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

The situation in Cornwall last season was definitely a special one with several weekends where an entire programme was wiped out. Consistency seems to be lacking as I’m sure in Devon some leagues were extended to accommodate completion of league fixtures?

Pink Panther likes this.
  28. Dulwich Mishi

In the main, unless there are really exceptional circumstances, it's the lower end of the pyramid where there's an extension, where there's no play-offs to be affected, or contract players to be paid.

Unless, of course, you're a well run fan owned club like Enfield Town, who appeal, even when bang to rights, and cost other clubs in play-off spots thousands of pounds in wages, due to their fruitless appeals extending a season...

EDC, StephenMac, the 12th man and 2 others like this.
  29. StephenMac

Is this thread dead now? Shame.

30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Dead like Aylesbury

StephenMac likes this.