Away v Welling United: Tues. 12th November

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

This fixture may not be at the forefront of everyone’s minds due to Friday night but it’s our next league game.
    Easy to get to with plenty of local places to eat & drink if you’re coming straight from work.
    There’s even local micro pub type places, if that’s your sort of thing!:D
    Be aware there’s no cover behind either goal do bring your brollies...

2. Trimmy

Trimmy Lives for Charking Picken

Looking forward to it, will bring junior rabble too.

3. editor

editor hiraethified

Reckon I'll make this one!

4. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

First leg of a midweek double header with the youth team, bring it on!

Just looked at Welling player stats, Green and Rich Baghelou have played in almost all Wellings games, Ming and Cook also regular starters.

Player Statistics - Welling United FC

pettyboy likes this.
  5. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Yeah I am up for this one. Anyone need a lift from Chislehurst to Welling B.I.G ?

6. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Jay Rich-Baghelou has been on trial with Crystal Palace this week. Played for their U23s.

Nivag likes this.
  7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Him leaving us after starting the last few league matches last season was a bit of an odd one. Was he unable to commit to the new training regime?

8. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

I'm sure it had nothing to do with training, more to do with advisers

9. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

We really need a performance in this one. Time to get some wins in the league!

Pink Panther likes this.
  10. Bugpowder Dust

Odds on a red card tonight? Reckon there will be a few players keen to show Gavin made a mistake moving them on...

(even though I gather some were amicable enough departures due to training commitments etc)

11. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

What is the new training regime we keep hearing about?

12. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Three mornings a week, rather than two evenings.

13. BrandNewGuy

BrandNewGuy Well-Known Member

14. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

That was... uneventful.

Nivag likes this.
  15. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Based on that performance, 1/2 a morning and a Brew afterwards.

Sanchez Ming: Man of the Match

Had in his pocket: Monakana, Smith, Yussuf and White (when he came on). He even won a header against Mills in a very dangerous position.

If anyone finds my post about Barnes being an upgrade on Ming, please don’t re-post, it was naive and during Pre-Seaon when we last looked good.

Main point, no width. No dangerous runs wide, mainly aimless crosses into the box.

Worst corner award: Chapman

Welling played four at the back, didn’t concede.

16. JoeBoy1959

JoeBoy1959 Member

That was awful. We're going backwards.

17. editor

editor hiraethified

And so we slump into 16th place :(

18. JoeBoy1959

JoeBoy1959 Member

I am yet to understand why we are playing the new signings when we have one of the best left backs in the league.
    And why isn't Taylor playing? Where was Hunte?
    I'd play 442
    Backs: Barnes, Taylor, Orlu, Connors
    Mid: Nyren, Ijaha, Vose, Monakana
    Front: Mills, Hunte.

RabbleLevi likes this.
  19. Bugpowder Dust

That was one of the most frustratingly ineffectual performances I've seen in years.

Sort of game that was crying out for an Ijaha figure in the middle of the park. Very few players emerged with pass marks, Mills won very little in the air, Monakana no spark, Chapman was woeful and Vose I just don't get.

Only Lewis White when he came on looked dangerous, and even then he badly pulled a good chance wide near the end. We could have snatched the points in a last minute goalmouth scramble but it would have been more than we deserved.

Connors was in my top 3 players of the season so far, so it's a total head scratcher for me why he's lost his place.

For a new signing to walk into the team for our biggest cup tie in 25 years I'd expect them to be head and shoulders above anyone in the team and be stand out performers against a side like Welling. Neither new signing does that, if anything a downgrade on what we had.

Baffling.

20. Sir Nikolai

Sir Nikolai New Member

Very poor. Don't understand the Connors situation at all. Where were Taylor, Akinyemi and Hunte? Performance lacked drive or passion. He didn't have much to do but I felt Grainger was very dependable but otherwise really only felt C Smith and Vose and Monakana (at times) really did themselves justice. Very disappointing showing.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  21. Dan King

Dan King New Member

What a poor match that was! Very dull by both teams. We don’t seem to have any attacking spark these days. We’ve become a solid but rather drab team to watch. Didn’t really look like conceding tonight but didn’t create one clear cut chance. We look much better with two wide men firing crosses into the box for Mills to attack.

22. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Yet with the biggest budget in the club's history. Quite an achievement.

This would be funny if it wasn't happening to us.

editor and JoeBoy1959 like this.
  23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Any other clubs ever go backwards?

24. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Welling have based on that game

Trimmy, Pink Panther and B.I.G like this.
  25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

tbf they have less money :)

26. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

A poor spectacle between two sides who seem to have forgotten how to win. There was barely a worthwhile chance at either end in the first half although Mills hit the bar with a towering header just before the break.

Hamlet started with the same XI as for the Carlisle game, but the introductions of Clunis and White midway through the second half livened us up and we really should have won it from there. White dragged a first-time shot wide of the near post from six yards out after a cross from the right dropped nicely for him, Mills sent a header just over the bar from similar range from the sort of chance he was converting with ease a few weeks ago, Chapman shot just wide after breaking into the box, and there was a mad scramble in the goalmouth that seemed to last for ages before Welling finally cleared the ball.

On the whole we finished stronger than we started and kept a first clean sheet in the league since August, so I'll count that as a small step forward, but ten league games without a win is a quarter of the season's fixtures. Now the cup run is over this needs to improve quickly.

I'm not that bothered about finishing in the top 7, but I am bothered about not even managing the odd really good performance interspersed with mediocrity. There was also nothing tonight to convince me the two newcomers are worth a starting place ahead of Connors and Taylor.

Team (4-3-3): Grainger - McCoy, Orlu, C.Smith, N.Smith - Chapman, Dempsey, Vose - Monakana, Mills, Yusuff. Subs: Clunis (for Monakana), White (for Yusuff), Barnes, Ijaha, Connors (not used).

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Nivag, pompeydunc, Pthorne and 4 others like this.
  27. Ben Caldecourt

Ben Caldecourt Active Member

Above is spot on, other than the fact that Connors was the other unused sub not Akinyemi!

JoeBoy1959 and Pink Panther like this.
  28. pengedragon

pengedragon Member

1st half had me questioning my life choices, poor from both teams, thought we were a bit better in the 2nd, had some good passages of play but the final ball wasn’t quite there and the ball didn’t seem to stick with Mills as it normally does, lot of bobbling around in the box

Overall the squad seemed to be more coherent at the start of the season than it does now

Agree that Ming was excellent, thought Barnes was doing well earlier in the season so not sure what he’s done to be left out

Completely agree with the total bewilderment at Taylor and especially Connors missing the last 2 games

29. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Not quite the case that Taylor has been dropped for Dempsey. Orlu is back fit and has taken his place at centre back.

B.I.G likes this.
  30. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Last night certainly wasn’t the greatest game to watch but to suggest it’s the worst game we’ve played for years....
    Wasn’t it three away games last season alone we were four down at one stage?
    I personally don’t think we’re far off a decent side & if supporters realise we’re underperforming then players and management do too and they will do their utmost to turn things round.
    Keep the faith...