Away match prices 2019/20

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Looks like St Albans City are the first National South club to breach the £15 barrier for matchday admission, and they aren't doing it by half measures:

Admission Prices 2019/20

That's a 20% increase on what was already a more expensive price than almost every other club in the same division.

2. editor

editor hiraethified

Waaaaankers.

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I liked St Albans. Shame as doubt I will go now.

4. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Worst away day last season. The ground and atmosphere felt 2 leagues below the conference south. The pitch was awful, uneven and they could only beat us with a penalty, after which they sat back and defended on their cabbage patch. Will not be going back.

I think they are charging £8 for under 16 games. That’s £8 to see your kids play...

JoeBoy1959, Nivag and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I conclude from the above that there is fuck all else to do in St Albans.

Jimbob73 likes this.
  6. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

The good thing about this year is that when faced with rip-off (St Albans) or unpleasant (who’s the new Woking) away games, there is an alternative - skip said away match and attend the Women’s team the following day. And if you feel like putting some of the money you save into the 12th Man - in other words, putting money into our club rather than an objectionable direct opponent - then I’m sure they will be happy to be your protest vehicle!

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The pitch was terrible, on a par with East Thurrock (and Oxford's pudding-like 3G) as the worst in the division. However it's a historic old ground and the attendance was boosted to over 1,000 with our travelling support so not out of place at this level IMO. Our own team's lacklustre performance was the main source of disappointment for me.

There are always one or two away fixtures in every division we've been in that provide a convenient opportunity to do something different that weekend. (Hemel and Concord spring readily to mind just now.) However the bottom line is that if our team is going well and I want to see them play I'm going to be cutting off my nose to spite my face if I start skipping games on some principle or other, and St Albans is one of the cheapest and easiest to get to with direct Thameslink trains as well as being a decent town for a day out.

Their own supporters are not impressed either and expect an adverse impact on the attendance figures:

Ticket Prices 2019/20 | St Albans City Fans' Forum

I notice from the link they intend to charge £20 for "FA Competition Proper" matches, and £18 for qualifying rounds and county cup ties, where the opposition could conceivably be a county league club.

Cat Daisy and Nivag like this.
  8. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I’ll have to try and bunk in again.

9. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

I do like the ground and it is the nearest NLS ground to me and there are good pubs in St Albans.
    But, even with the discount for booking in advance, it is still a ridiculous amount - the concessions there are about the same price as full-price tickets at Dulwich!

Pink Panther likes this.
  10. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

We can only dream of ever setting a FA proper ticket price though!!

Hamlet Pete likes this.
  11. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Huge number of pubs.

Pink Panther likes this.
  12. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

Got in free last season. There was some confusion at the turnstiles and I just followed some Albans fans through expecting to pay inside. Used some of the 'discount' to purchase their real ale. Yum!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Wealdstone? Becoming a bit of a narrative Son of Roy :D

Son of Roy likes this.
  14. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

You must have been near me then

15. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

16. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

Could have been matey. It's but a distant memory now. I am not suggesting people should climb over fences but check out my YouTube channel 'how to get into football grounds free of charge using a 2 litre bottle of Coke and a piece of string'.

WillClunas and pettyboy like this.
  17. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

18. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Precisely

JoeBoy1959 likes this.
  19. JoeBoy1959

JoeBoy1959 Well-Known Member

tonysingh likes this.