Autechre, nts sessions

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by dialectician, Apr 16, 2018.

1. anyone else really enjoying these? some bits are really mutant funk and spectral. love the second one goes straight into the patches and has an almost rob hood influenced slinky downstairs bit later on. Prefering these to Elseq 1-5 I think.

Autechre - NTS Sessions 1-4. AE_STORE.

2. fuck me l3 ctrl is such a banger.

3. Mattym

Mattym Well-Known Member

I've had a little listen so far- not so keen on splashing out for radio show live PAs tbh, but there again I did buy all the other live stuff when that went up.
    I need to have a proper listen in a dark room.

4. londonkid

londonkid Well-Known Member

Will check it out thanks. Do like their stuff

5. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

I'm listening to session 1 now - it's at least doing a decent job of drowning out the club cheese mix the twat upstairs is playing

6. More variation in the patches and generative sequences used imo, more variation of tracks, textures etc, real headphone listening. a much more friendly listen compared to the live stuff which is pretty much based on jammin/finding permutations within the same themes. Mind you I might have to sit down and properly listen to Elseq again. I thought it was too long but thats a crap expectation to have really...

Like for example once you've heard Live in Dublin a lot of the other lives are just for nerds.

GRAFENHAINICHEN has a proper pulverising bit towards the end though, total wtf was this/overwhelming...

Honestly if they are doing all of this with MaxMSP its really making me want to learn supercollider.

7. Mattym

Mattym Well-Known Member

Sounds good, but you've lost me mate on the supercollider & MaxMSP fronts! I wish I understood it!

8. They are programming languages to make your own synths, patches and rules. AE use MaxMSP which is more a visual object building kinda thing iirc (it's not accessible so I dunno.)

It's basically getting down to the nuts and bolts of making electronic music.

9. Mattym

Mattym Well-Known Member

Sounds like what I need to get into.

dialectician likes this.
  10. yay i thought it was all a bit hard to translate groove and funk into such an environment but re-binging on AE really tuned my ear for how they are still basically aging b-boys, still.

11. Mattym

Mattym Well-Known Member

& that's the mad thing about it. I thought it was mad when they did their remix of Unique3. But that's sort of common sense.

dialectician likes this.
  12. 3 is my favourite I think. then first hour of 4.