Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

August Photo Competition: Angle

alef

Needs to take more photos
Vintage Paw said:
Who's doing the thumbnails? (I haven't been following the thread - too much on this month :( )

Anyway - you linked my entry 2 to the thumbnail before, so that is listed twice. My url should be this http://flickr.com/photos/snaps_cat/192783275/

Cheers :)
http://photo.wapoc.com/hidden/urban75/august06/stardust_001.jpg.html

Corrected, although it wasn't linked twice. Instead Nina's was twice and yours was missing. Kind of strange in that I thought I had that uploaded OK beforehand, gremlins...

Firky

The first of the gang
Banned
votisit said:
I love this one. Of all the ones I've seen and I've gone through the entire thread, this is the one that I would choose as a winner.
Wow! Thanks :)

Still plenty of time for other entries so your opinion may change :D

alef

Needs to take more photos
riot sky said:
Wow! Thanks :)
'tis indeed a nice photo, great use of b+w. But there is a problem with your site on my system, the photos rarely load first time. I have to hit reload or the fullsize link to see them. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.6 on a 450MHz G4 Mac with OS 10.3.9.

Firky

The first of the gang
Banned
alef said:
'tis indeed a nice photo, great use of b+w. But there is a problem with your site on my system, the photos rarely load first time. I have to hit reload or the fullsize link to see them. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.6 on a 450MHz G4 Mac with OS 10.3.9.
hhmm, *strokes chin* - it could be the javascript used for the gallery's skin.

Cheers for pointing that out, I'll take a look into it :)

portman

Mr Grumpy
Dhimmi said:
So at this rate of entries anyone getting three votes is likely to be the winner...
...mmm, not so sure. A lot of entries for this one - spent at least 15 minutes last night going through the thumbnails! However, doing this confirmed my gut feeling that a few entries could pull well away from the rest in terms of votes. Should be interesting to see the results of the voting...

Louloubelle

ddraig said:
oi! i was just gonna say it was very striking and dreamlike:p
did you see it?

:oops:

You obviously did, I'm just worried it's a bit too athena postcardy

there again I've posted up 2 dream images so I'm not sure if you looked at the right one

Let me know if you saw it via my link and I'll post it again, s'only fair

ddraig

dros ben llestri
i did see it as i clicked the link from the email notification, but i won't tell if u want to change it as i didn't see it onthe thread ;)

what's not to like about it?

Louloubelle

ddraig said:
i did see it as i clicked the link from the email notification, but i won't tell if u want to change it as i didn't see it onthe thread ;)

what's not to like about it?
well I wondered it the colours were just too OTT

also as soon as I posted it I thought of another photo I could use and now I'm not sure which one is best.

I've done this before, posted 3 shots and then found better ones once it's too late

there again I've also waited and forgot until the day after so the deadline passed, having entered nothing at all :oops: :D

I don't know what the rules are re this but I'll post a link to the same one again if that's the rules :)

Dhimmi

Half Man Half HobNob
portman said:
...mmm, not so sure. A lot of entries for this one - spent at least 15 minutes last night going through the thumbnails! However, doing this confirmed my gut feeling that a few entries could pull well away from the rest in terms of votes. Should be interesting to see the results of the voting...
So how many entries so far?