Attendances....

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Jamie Wyatt, May 5, 2014.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Good. I would want netting put up anyway.

Michael

Cyclodunc, StephenMac and pettyboy like this.
  2. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

You've gone soft my prince.

Macca

3. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

4. editor

editor hiraethified

I was surprised to see 'big club' Woking only managed 1,881 for their triumphantly backfiring final game of the season.

5. PartisanDulwich

I make it 30,499 for the last 11 home games on our return to Champion Hill
    an average of 2,773

Season average attendance (Home) Vanarama South

Torquay United 2,551
    Woking 1,882
    DUlwich Hamlet 1,860

scousedom likes this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That's an average attendance for them. It was a dead rubber against opponents with relatively small travelling support, they already knew they're at home in the play-offs next weekend and potentially again the following weekend if they reach the final.

editor likes this.
  7. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Unhealthy obsession.

8. Lyham

Lyham Active Member

9. PartisanDulwich

Woking are planning to build a new 10,000 seater stadium based on that attendance

Argonia likes this.
  10. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Have you never heard: ‘build and they shall come...’

11. PartisanDulwich

I think we state that at the beginning of this thread

12. Pink Panther

I can't find the link now, but I recently read an article in the Non League Paper saying the club has been sold to a property developer who "knows nothing about football and doesn't know what to do with the shares". What could possibly go wrong!

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  13. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Said the dildo inventor.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  14. editor

editor hiraethified

Unhealthy obsession.

Pink Panther likes this.
  15. Dulwich Mishi

With attendances, dildos or both?

16. Cardinal

Cardinal New Member

Blimey, you lot are almost as bad as Aldershot fans with the obsession over attendances. Almost...

Our proposed new stadium is 10,000 capacity (not all-seater) which may get revised down when we try to get it through the planning stage. We don't need a 10,000 capacity, but something in the 6-8000 region with potential to expand ought to be enough for us. As long as it's suitable for promotion to the football league and it can generate enough revenue to help keep our club afloat, that'll do. And I'd much rather have a new stadium which is a bit too big, rather than one which is a bit too small. I wish you luck in your battle with Meadow, by the way.

For what it's worth, a lot of our fanbase have serious concerns about the proposed sale of the club to a property developer with no interest in football. This hasn't actually happened yet, but it is a part of the proposal so we're more than a bit worried. Our board assure us that the contracts will be watertight and the new owner won't be able to screw the club over, but I'll believe that when I see it.

17. editor

editor hiraethified

Property developers are only ever interested in screwing clubs over if that means they can make more profit. Their promises are worthless.

Our owners - who fluffily promised that they had the club's interests at heart - swiftly locked us out of our own ground in an infantile temper tantrum because they couldn't get what they wanted from the council.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your new owners - your fans have every right to be deeply concerned.

PS I guess our obsession with attendances is partly fuelled by the fact that it wasn't that long ago that a crowd of 500 would be seen as something of a bumper turn out!

We were only getting around 400 just six years ago:

Dulwich Hamlet 3 Sittingbourne 1 – promotion pushing result cheered on by drunk Germans

18. YTC

YTC Human Man

Ex Landlords of the ground, not owners of the club - for sake of clarity.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  19. Dulwich Mishi

Not all of us are actually obsessed by attendance figures...

Cyclodunc, EDC and StephenMac like this.
  20. editor

editor hiraethified

Who are the club's landlords now? I thought it was still Meadow who are a reformed, rejigged Hadley, no?

21. YTC

YTC Human Man

Sorry, they're still landlords, but have never been owners of the club.

22. Dulwich Mishi

Hmmm... interesting looking back at your Sittingbourne report, had to smile at the claim of 20,000 crowds in the 1920s. That was on the Champion Hill before the last on on Greendale( you know, that land that’s apparently never been built on!) which had a reputed maximum capacity of ten to twelve thousand, depending on which contemporary reports you read.

23. Pink Panther

Says the bloke who goes around the ground doing a head count of Hamlet fans at away games, then tells everyone how many we've taken.

pompeydunc, editor, EDC and 1 other person like this.
  24. Dulwich Mishi

I like to have a fairly accurate guesstimate of our away support at matches precisely because people are obsessed by our support & often exaggerated following on our travels.

25. editor

editor hiraethified

Sounds like you're obsessed about correcting people who are obsessed about away attendance figures to me.

:D

Pink Panther likes this.
  26. Dulwich Mishi

You are correct.. I have corrected you before...

27. editor

editor hiraethified

Definitely obsessed with correcting people then, as well as being obsessed about correcting people who are obsessed about away attendance figures. That makes you Obsessed².

28. Dulwich Mishi

No, it means I like a bit of accuracy in attendance figures, with one of my many pet hates in football (not just some of our fans on here) is claiming they take more away than they do.

29. PartisanDulwich

Attendances are admittedly just one indicator of a healthy club, more importantly in our case, now vital for getting the club back on a financial footing
    As one of the fastest growing supported clubs obviously were going to take an interest in attendances,
    Yes, when we have 5th or 6th highest non league attendances on a Saturday, I feel pride that so many care and that they like our club so much they part with their money to attend.
    But its not not about numbers its about the diversity in our support base, the number of women and young children is a very healthy sign and hopefully a sign that the support for the Club will go forward to future generations

Finally, its stats and graphs #Stato whats not to like

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    editor and Buffalo Bill like this.
  30. PartisanDulwich

National League North Attendance Table:

Stockport County 4,002
    2. York City 2,500
    3. Hereford 2,367
    4.FC United of Manchester 1,943
    5. Chester 1,838
    6. Chorley 1,650