1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attendances....

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Jamie Wyatt, May 5, 2014.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Out of curiosity, I took a look to see how much Portaloos cost. They're surprisingly cheap - you can pick them up for £150 (or the cost of 14 people coming to the ground).
    Site Toilet: Containers & Pre-Fab Buildings | eBay

darryl and clog like this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

StephenMac and clog like this.
  3. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I think people tend to hire rather than buy and then be responsible for emptying them and so on.

Surprised more pissing on the terraces hasn't been observed, in the circumstances.

darryl likes this.
  4. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Have you seen the height of them behind that round thing at the Greendale end where I go for one.

5. EDC

Says the master of just going for a piss.

Did it once in the old ground and fell into the stinging nettles behind the terraces (without crash barriers) at the DKH end.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  6. clog

clog have that you c

:eek:

7. EDC

What?

clog likes this.
  8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I do, but that's how I interpreted your comments. you can agree with them, or not. But that IS how I interpreted your comments.

9. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Hmmm. That went well.

scousedom and StephenMac like this.
  10. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

lol

YTC likes this.
  11. Lambert Simnel

Lambert Simnel Banned Banned

I was surprised how cheap they were. £25 for a week including someone coming around and emptying them and also bog roll.

12. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I'll take a score.

EDC likes this.
  13. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

that would be a good thing for an estate agent to sponsor

14. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

2,417 for non league football day
    how does that compare with other seasons

15. dcdulwich

Direct comparison is complicated - more to it than a simple ‘numbers game’.

The last official Non League Day at Champion Hill was in 2014 when we had 2856 against Hampton & Richmond Borough.

We had 2805 against Billericay towards the end of last season on an international weekend. We also had 2217 against Bognor Regis in October last year but that was on the same day as the England game which may have impacted on the crowd to some degree.

We lost both of the games last year and drew the one against H&RB - so very nice to win in front of a bumper crowd this time.

Our overall league average so far this season is 1580 and our Saturday/Bank Holiday average is 1764.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    PartisanDulwich likes this.
  16. PartisanDulwich

2,417 at Champion Hill V Needham Market on Non-League Day 2017

higher than all teams in National League South (nearest St Albans 1,510)
    higher than all teams in National League North (with exception of York 2,732)
    higher than all but 6 teams in the National League
    Maidenhead Utd 2,425, Maidstone Utd 2,552, Solihull Moor 2,658, Tranmere Rovers 7,172, Woking 2,509, Wrexham 3,907

YTC and editor like this.
  17. PartisanDulwich

18. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

That looks good but the context is St Mirren and Dundee Utd were playing Challenge Cup matches at the weekend (a competition for lower league clubs that isn't taken massively seriously and teams often field a second string).

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  19. PartisanDulwich

20. dcdulwich

David Ross is late of this parish and a Killie fan. I’m assuming he was provoking some fellow Scots with his tweet above. He’s written a number of books on sport and has a ridiculous knowledge of football in general and attendances in particular.

I met up with him when we played Whitehawk in the FA Cup in 2015 when he lived in Brighton - and the year before that at Peacehaven & Telscombe. He’s now in Cornwall so the chance of seeing him at a future Hamlet away game is a bit slim.

blueheaven and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  21. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Sounds like a really interesting bloke to meet. Haven't got time to check right now, but are any of his books specifically football related?

22. dcdulwich

Almost all of them are. He’s got a website somewhere. I’ll try and dig out a link.

Ah. Here you go, via Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/David-Ross/e/B0034NHQ48/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

The extended biog on that site is out of date btw. He lived in Brighton and has now moved to Cornwall since he was living in Barcelona. He used to live in East Dulwich some while ago (in the 90s) and certainly went to Champion Hill quite a few times. I knew him then through the local Labour Party.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  23. PartisanDulwich

Time for one of those nice bar charts on attendances this season #please

editor likes this.
  24. PartisanDulwich

The Alan Turvey Trophy, formerly the Isthmian League Cup and known now as the Velocity Sports Trophy for sponsorship reasons
    The competition has previously also been known as the Robert Dyas Cup and the Ryman League Cup.

Dulwich Hamlet V Green Borough 31st October 2017 attendance 444 *probably highest Champion Hill attendance for the Alan Turvey Cup ? now

While, I cannot find any attendances records
    Maidstone United had an attendance of 1,797 for the 2013-14 League Cup final with Sudbury (3-0) on 8th April 2014 (which I doubt has ever been beaten)

Highest so far in 2017-18 is 518 at Billericay Town (26 Sept)

25. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

takkforalt and Scolly like this.
  26. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

barchart.png

clog, Scolly, jnrknight and 4 others like this.
  27. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

28. PartisanDulwich

So when did we last get 1,199 for a Tuesday night match ?

Dulwich Hamlet V Harrow Borough 14th November 2017

Fingers likes this.
  29. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Don't think it's happened for a league match for several decades. Closest was just under 1,100 v Maidstone five seasons ago.

30. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

The community came out when we needed them most to keep all of our morals up. Totally amazing.