Athletics

Discussion in 'general sports' started by Epona, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Epona

Epona Down with battered parsnips

So - I won some tickets to go see the Muller Anniversary Games at the London Stadium next weekend - I'm stoked, it is not the sort of thing I would usually even think of going to see, and should be a good day out.

I wish I knew a bit more about it tbh.

2. S☼I

S☼I walk the water like a sun

Oh, that'll be a fab thing to see Epona
    The standout athlete will be GB's Dina Asher-Smith, she's more or less the best sprinter in the world at the moment. She's best at 200m but is in the 100m on the Sunday.

https://www.britishathletics.org.uk...and-world-medallists-join-dina-in-100m-field/

QueenOfGoths likes this.
  3. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Athletics is one of those sports I like watching on the telly, but have never been to. I imagine it's a good laugh, with few sports with more variance in such a confined space.

My favourite events, to watch at least, are the sprint hurdles and the triple jump. Both excellent combinations of power, speed and technique.

4. Epona

Epona Down with battered parsnips

Had a good day out, weather was good, and it was fun to watch :) The seats we had were pretty decent (but obviously not the top wedge!) and we had a good view of everything. It's still probably not something I would personally pay to go and see, but I did have a good time.

My only complaint is the food prices at the stadium. Good grief!

S☼I likes this.
  5. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch the European Team Championships this weekend at all? I only saw a little, including a mixed 4*400m. It was only UK, France and Spain, and it was interesting how the differing tactics played out, because they could order the runners how they wanted. The UK won with man-woman-woman-man. I'll be interested to see if there comes a recognised best order for this.