Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Athletics

Epona

Tired & Emulsional...
So - I won some tickets to go see the Muller Anniversary Games at the London Stadium next weekend - I'm stoked, it is not the sort of thing I would usually even think of going to see, and should be a good day out.

I wish I knew a bit more about it tbh.

S☼I

ifyalikeitthenushouldaputadonkonit
So - I won some tickets to go see the Muller Anniversary Games at the London Stadium next weekend - I'm stoked, it is not the sort of thing I would usually even think of going to see, and should be a good day out.

I wish I knew a bit more about it tbh.
Oh, that'll be a fab thing to see Epona
The standout athlete will be GB's Dina Asher-Smith, she's more or less the best sprinter in the world at the moment. She's best at 200m but is in the 100m on the Sunday.

https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/news-and-features/asher-smith-vs-the-world-at-the-muller-anniversary-games-trio-of-olympic-and-world-medallists-join-dina-in-100m-field/

stavros

Athletics is one of those sports I like watching on the telly, but have never been to. I imagine it's a good laugh, with few sports with more variance in such a confined space.

My favourite events, to watch at least, are the sprint hurdles and the triple jump. Both excellent combinations of power, speed and technique.

Epona

Tired & Emulsional...
Had a good day out, weather was good, and it was fun to watch :) The seats we had were pretty decent (but obviously not the top wedge!) and we had a good view of everything. It's still probably not something I would personally pay to go and see, but I did have a good time.

My only complaint is the food prices at the stadium. Good grief!

stavros

Did anyone watch the European Team Championships this weekend at all? I only saw a little, including a mixed 4*400m. It was only UK, France and Spain, and it was interesting how the differing tactics played out, because they could order the runners how they wanted. The UK won with man-woman-woman-man. I'll be interested to see if there comes a recognised best order for this.