Artificial Intelligence creates realistic photos of non-existant people

Discussion in 'science, nature and environment' started by editor, Dec 28, 2018.

1. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Clever. But creepy and a bit worrying.

[​IMG]

moochedit, fishfinger and S☼I like this.
  2. NoXion

NoXion Keep an eye out for diamonds

Wow. If this sort of thing can be generalised, I can see huge potential. I'm blaming you if I get nightmares about shapeshifting AIs tormenting me over the internet.

editor likes this.
  3. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

Creepy musak in that vid. Very black mirror:
    'The brave new world is here and we love it'.

Remember a couple of years ago (pre trump?), when Apps were all the rage and the muzak promoting them was usually made with an accoustic (ethno) music instrument on a jingly-jang lovey-dovey tip*?

A lot different to this creepy stuff that seems to cover the AI tech zeitgeist.

Eta: iirc ska invita made a thread re tech musak...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  4. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral.

Not sure I understand enough about this.

Is the initial, or original data for creating the 'styles' etc from information selected and input by humans?

Why are all the faces apparently flawless?

5. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

shh don't let the game away after the robot uprising..

well only be able to tell the real human by their scars

:hmm:

6. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Yes. If I understand it correctly the source info is fed from a database populated by humans. The competing systems are also rewarded (?) / encouraged (?) towards results that satisfy a human adjudicator, and learn successful strategies in this manner. So what you're seeing is the result of many many iterations of refinement of a process.

I can see this being useful in the short term for creating background characters and objects in films. In the long term... scary!

7. dilute micro

dilute micro esse quam videri

8. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

What if we’re already AI, creating more AI.

9. dilute micro

dilute micro esse quam videri

What if editor is AI and it won't be revealed until later episodes....but for now posts about AI are meant to ease the shock?

10. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

Then someone's probably due a refund.

11. Wookey

Wookey Muppet is not a slur

I think this, coupled with the facial animation they can do now, is really the beginning of something with mahoosive ramifications - I'll be back once I've worked out what they are. :hmm: