Arsenal FC Season 2017/18 - FA Cup Holders - The Road To Europa League Glory

Discussion in 'football' started by nuffsaid, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

"whether you're auld or young have you got what it takes to step into kidz escape" :(

Badgers likes this.
  2. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

They should be capable of doing it too - Atletico may be the favs but haven't been doing much to justify that billing recently, and then you'd have to fancy them to beat Marseille or Salzberg in the final - a final which is being held in a fitting place for Wenger to say farewell, back home in France at Lyon.

Badgers and Pickman's model like this.
  3. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

4. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Atletico are second in La Liga, above Real. I quite fancy Arsenal still, but Atletico have to start favourites. I agree about the final - whoever wins out of Atletico or Arsenal will be hot favourites.

Dr. Furface and Badgers like this.
  5. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Despite my general goading of the #wengerout thing I hold Wenger in high regard and Arsenal were always my second side. This is part due to my justified irrational hatred of Spurs :D and also because Arsenal were the only side to consistently challenge Utd during the dark times of Fergie :cool:

Pickman's model likes this.
  6. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Well-Known Member

7. Pickman's model

yeh, you might want to read that again. or change your 'the fans' to something more appropriate. because it's clearly not all fans who want him out, and he never lays the blame at the feet of 'the fans'. in any case, i think most arsenal fans will be sorry to see him go, and imo it's people who haven't been longstanding fans who haven't been attending games who are demanding he go. after all, if your season ticket costs in excess of £1k most people paying that much would make the most use of it they can. if someone researched it, i think they'd find it's the hipster fans who haven't been attending as people of my age can, as i've said above, easily remember years when arsenal haven't done as well as they have this season and the previous 21.

Streathamite, marshall and Badgers like this.
  8. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

my thoughts:I am sad that a great managerial career is ending on such a bum note - but I am also relieved - I will always revere his for his fantastic contribution to the club, but he has been past his sell-by date for two years now

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Eh?

10. Reiabuzz

Nice selective quoting editor..

I'm not an Arsenal fan but as a football fan it was pretty depressing watching the stagnation of a once great club under a 'leader' on millions a year who stubbornly refused to either spend the billionaire owner's cash or get the fuck out instead. He himself has earned £100m from the club. And won a couple of cups in the last ten years in a competition nobody really gives a fuck about. And then blaming the fans for pushing him out.

11. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

Solo tenemos diez hombres!

12. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Wenger Out

Badgers likes this.
  13. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

the man who has seen too much:

[​IMG]

imposs1904, Dr. Furface and Badgers like this.
  14. Pickman's model

Oh fuck off

Badgers likes this.
  15. TruXta

TruXta tired

#wengerin

Badgers likes this.
  16. Pickman's model

oh, and through your dismissal of the fa cup you've demonstrated that not only are you not a gooner, you're not a football fan.

Badgers likes this.
  17. Reiabuzz

18. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

I don't think we have much of a chance this evening. Just hope it is not too embarrassing.

Have hope but not belief. :) Up the Arse!

19. Pickman's model

Badgers likes this.
  20. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

Ah, come on Arsenal, get one back for the old boy!

Pickman's model and MrSki like this.
  21. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

Well at least it wasn't too embarrassing. Shame cos we did have a few proper chances.

22. Wilf

Wilf Aghast.

Shit, I can understand the ambiguity a lot of Arsenal fans had for wenger, but it would have been superb rounding his reign off with a trophy. :(

23. Reiabuzz

24. Reiabuzz

Although I actually think jenas had a fair point too

25. Pickman's model

After this no option was left but disbelief

Badgers likes this.
  26. nuffsaid

Badgers likes this.
  27. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

28. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

heh, bit of a u-turn.

Badgers likes this.
  29. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Thorough.

Badgers likes this.
  30. nuffsaid

Well generally speaking I'm happier with someone coming in who has actually managed a club with some European experience, while Arteta sounded good and I'm sure he's doing a great job but he hasn't actually been the 'manager'.

What doesn't sound good is a £50M budget for new players, that's a paltry sum these days.