Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arsenal 2019/20

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Sounds like the Pablo Mari done deal is not done :facepalm:
He’s had a medical and said on camera he was happy to be joining Arsenal... just for Flamengo to change the deal
Arsenal believed they had agreed a loan with an option to buy.
Flamengo then decided that, should he leave, they want to sell him outright.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Wenger started working for FIFA and in few months Man City are banned from the Champions League :hmm:

#wengerin

Streathamite

ideological dogmatist
And another ground out victory. These team has shown more character and fight in the last 3 games, than at just about any point in the previous 3 years

MrSki

Who am I to say you're wrong
Whatever Arteta said to them at half time, by God it worked.
Limp first half display, absolutely excellent second half. Delighted for Laca - he really needed that goal.
The 4-0 scoreline was certainly flattering but it is good if the squad can see what they are capable of. Last night was a great result. away goal at what was once seen as a very hard place to go.

On the up. :thumbs:

MrSki

Who am I to say you're wrong
I am now officially optimistic about Arsenal, for the first time since the 2015 FA cup final. There's so many positive indicators since MA took over, the results are sure to follow. Hell, id we win tonight (as we should - IIRC, Olympiakos aren't much cop on their travels), taht's four wins in 11 days, albeit against undewhelming opposition
Spoke too soon. I blame you for your over confidence. :mad: :D

The39thStep

I am now officially optimistic about Arsenal, for the first time since the 2015 FA cup final. There's so many positive indicators since MA took over, the results are sure to follow. Hell, id we win tonight (as we should - IIRC, Olympiakos aren't much cop on their travels), taht's four wins in 11 days, albeit against undewhelming opposition
'and so say all of us'

Pickman's model

every man and every woman is a star
We are woeful at the back. Arteta, nor anyone else, cannot make those players better than they are.
tbh they don't really need to be better than they are, they just need to play like a team. anyway, this is just an interim season and i expect that over the summer there'll be some changes made so arteta can get the team he wants sorted out rather than his continuing on with the team he inherited.