Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Arsenal 2019/20

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Chelsea away tonight :hmm:

Arsenal are winless in their last seven Premier League away games against Chelsea (D1 L6), since winning 5-3 in October 2011, a game in which both Lampard and Arteta featured. Renewed.

Opta ^

Last edited:

editor

hiraethified
those look more like employees of the club rather than some corporation to me. unless you know better.

you're not really in a position to throw stones at other football teams' corporate links, which seemed to me to be what you were doing.
Please explain why I'm 'not in a position' to criticise a team employing ridiculously oversized flags as part of their corporate branding for worldwide TV audiences? Appreciated.

Pickman's model

every man and every woman is a star
Please explain why I'm 'not in a position' to criticise a team employing ridiculously oversized flags as part of their corporate branding for worldwide TV audiences? Appreciated.
read the post and try again. these people appear to be waving ARSENAL flags, while wearing ARSENAL jackets, at the ARSENAL stadium. what exactly is your problem with it? it's not like they're waving 'fly emirates' flags is it

the only corporate brand there is the club brand. and i don't see how you can object to them promoting that.

editor

hiraethified
read the post and try again. these people appear to be waving ARSENAL flags, while wearing ARSENAL jackets, at the ARSENAL stadium. what exactly is your problem with it? it's not like they're waving 'fly emirates' flags is it
Because it looks fucking ridiculous - officially sanctioned oversized flag wavers in matching outfits FFS - and it's done for the benefit of the lucrative TV audience.

When was the last time you actually saw Arsenal play in their stadium? I can't think of many true fans who would welcome a fleet of huge flags obscuring their view of the players celebrating whenever they score.

Oh, and you haven't explained why I'm apparently 'not really in a position to throw stones at other football teams' corporate links'. Could you do so now please, because I'm curious as to what criteria criticism of corporate football practices is deemed invalid by you. Ta.

Pickman's model

Because it looks fucking ridiculous - officially sanctioned oversized flag wavers in matching outfits FFS - and it's done for the benefit of the lucrative TV audience.

When was the last time you actually saw Arsenal play in their stadium? I can't think of many true fans who would welcome a fleet of huge flags obscuring their view of the players celebrating whenever they score.

Oh, and you haven't explained why I'm apparently 'not really in a position to throw stones at other football teams' corporate links'. Could you do so now please, because I'm curious as to what criteria criticism of corporate football practices is deemed invalid by you. Ta.
You don't like it. Fair enough. But once again you drag out the hoary auld chestnut of you can't be a proper fan if you don't go blah blah. I don't get to see arsenal save from afar these days. Like the great majority of fans I can't afford it. Kind of you to think of the arsenal fans who enjoyed a momentarily restricted view while you watched the match on telly tho.

editor

hiraethified
Kind of you to think of the arsenal fans who enjoyed a momentarily restricted view while you watched the match on telly tho.
Do you like it? Do you think that's flag waving teams in matched outfits is a good thing? To me, it's part of the TV-pleasing glitz that has made top level football so naff, like the ridiculous plinth that the ball sits on before kick off, so I'll criticise that crap when I see it, whatever the team.

Oh, and I'd like an answer as to why you think I'm 'not really in a position to throw stones at other football teams' corporate links' and why you started going on about Cardiff. Ta.

Pickman's model

Do you like it? Do you think that's flag waving teams in matched outfits is a good thing? To me, it's part of the TV-pleasing glitz that has made top level football so naff, like the ridiculous plinth that the ball sits on before kick off, so I'll criticise that crap when I see it, whatever the team.

Oh, and I'd like an answer as to why you think I'm 'not really in a position to throw stones at other football teams' corporate links' and why you started going on about Cardiff. Ta.
looking at your posts about cardiff it's a long long long time since you said anything about their corporate links. a long time. and so if you're not happy to talk about that then it seems to me that you'd have something brass about you to have a pop at other teams'. i brought up cardiff as you seemed to be oh noes that arsenal and their corporatism but nary a 'down with that sort of thing' when it's your own longstanding club. as i've already intimated.

do i like the flag-waving? i'm not so bothered one way or another. there's no agreement with you thus far from other gooners so i think you might be on your own on this one.

Last edited:

editor

hiraethified
looking at your posts about cardiff it's a long long long time since you said anything about their corporate links. a long time. and so if you're not happy to talk about that then it seems to me that you'd have something brass about you to have a pop at other teams'. i brought up cardiff as you seemed to be oh noes that arsenal and their corporatism but nary a 'down with that sort of thing' when it's your own longstanding club. as i've already intimated.

do i like the flag-waving? i'm not so bothered one way or another. there's no agreement with you thus far from other gooners so i think you might be on your own on this one.
Oh dear. This post is wrong on just about every count.

1. I haven't supported Cardiff for fucking years, precisely because of the increasing corporatisation of the club.
2. The last time I saw them, I was quick to publicly criticise their new naff practice of employing an officially sanctioned drummer, just like the pathetic officially sanctioned flag wavers at Arsenal.

:facepalm:

Pickman's model

Oh dear. This post is wrong on just about every count.

1. I haven't supported Cardiff for fucking years, precisely because of the increasing corporatisation of the club.
2. The last time I saw them, I was quick to publicly criticise their new naff practice of employing an officially sanctioned drummer, just like the pathetic officially sanctioned flag wavers at Arsenal.

:facepalm:
in that case i'm sorry i don't follow every shift in your footballing allegiances with the attention you clearly think they deserve.

editor

hiraethified
in that case i'm sorry i don't follow every shift in your footballing allegiances with the attention you clearly think they deserve.
Except you stated a few posts ago that you'd been 'looking at my posts about Cardiff.' If that was true you would have read my most recent ones criticising them loudly for the kind of shitty cod football fan practices that you seem to endorse.

the officially sanctioned drummer positioned in his own separate space is well cringey
Have to say I was massively underwhelmed by my City experience. The team were awful, the stadium lifeless and the once legendary Ninian noise seems to be a distant memory.

Judging by the comments from fans after the game, it seems that no one is particularly impressed.

Next time I'm back in Cardiff, I'm going to watch Cardiff Mets or Barry Town

Pickman's model

Except you stated a few posts ago that you'd been 'looking at my posts about Cardiff.' If that was true you would have read my most recent ones criticising them loudly for the kind of shitty cod football fan practices that you seem to endorse.

so when i say 'i'm not too bothered one way or the other' it translates in your brain into 'he endorses this sort of thing'

brilliant

in addition, i was talking about corporate links. i get the feeling you look at my posts and don't actually read them.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Pablo Mari to Arsenal is a done deal, pending a medical which is scheduled for tomorrow.

They hope to announce the signing on Monday. Six month loan with an option to buy. Another defensive addition is still possible too.
#mariin

dialectician

The Main Enemy is at home.
def gotta be #Mariin now that Mustafi is injured. Hearing some rumours that he's going back to Brazil as the medical didn't go through. looks like the hell of a player we need. Gave the scousers a hard time as well.