1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arsenal 16/17 - Go Gunners

Discussion in 'football' started by Supine, May 25, 2016.

1. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

Thankfully not a normal November performance. Coming back from 2-0 down away is a good result even if they didn't seem to play that well. Great goal to win it though.:thumbs:

agricola and nuffsaid like this.
  2. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

If that doesn't win goal of the season I will be amazed.

3. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Crikey, only 2 posts in November! Things aren't bad, second in the league behind a team we roundly beat and Sanchez is nearly world class, apparently.

Didn't watch the game live on Saturday, I waited for MOTD and was nervous when they put the game on second, (if it was a comfortable win for Arsenal it wouldn't be on second) so as the goals went in I was expecting a west ham fight back, but thankully the goals kept going in...:)

MrSki and Pickman's model like this.
  4. nuffsaid

"We are top of the (CL group) table...say we are top of the (CL group) table". Nicely done. Now we can lose the next game guilt free...sorted.

5. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

Whatever it costs to get Ozil and Sanchez tied dowsn long-term....just f-ing pay it, Wenger. Lose the scrooge years hangover, we've got the cash. This is the strongest team we've had since the Invincibles - and those two are streets ahead as the most important players.
    Stoke....hmmm. Fast improving, but I think we should have enough to do them.

nuffsaid, Badgers and Pickman's model like this.
  6. nuffsaid

Bayern in the CL...hmm. Couldn't have been a lot better, but with the way we're playing it should be do-able.

Manchester City v Monaco

Real Madrid v Napoli

Benfica v Borussia Dortmund

Bayern Munich v Arsenal

Porto v Juventus

Bayer Leverkusen v Atletico Madrid

Paris St-Germain v Barcelona

Sevilla v Leicester City

Sea Lion likes this.
  7. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

nice sevilla sevilla nice :cool:

8. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

9. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Well-Known Member

Oh dear - you finally top your group and are 99% guaranteed of getting your arse handed to you :D

10. Sea Lion

Sea Lion If you can't dance just nod your head

Monaco, Real Madrid, Dortmund, Arsenal, Juventus, Leverkusen, Barca and Leicester to advance.

11. Sea Lion

Not a foregone conclusion.

12. Reiabuzz

I'd really like your lot to win something but that's the worst possible draw you could possibly have hoped for

13. Sea Lion

Bayern have only won one away game out of the last five in the cl. Arguably they are weaker this season and beatable. Juventus , Madrid and Barca are a tougher draw imo. I am not an Arsenal supporter btw.

14. Reiabuzz

Well. They're top of their league and have won this competition 5 times. Just bad luck from arsenal's pov they didn't qualify top themselves.

Not an Arsenal or Leicester fan but I put 20 quid on Leicester to win this comp before it started so im pretty pleased with Sevilla.

Sea Lion likes this.
  15. Sea Lion

I said to my son that i can see Leicester winning the Cl whilst being relegated from the prem.
    Seville are a very good cup team but Leicester do have something about them in the big games. Good luck with your bet.

16. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

So, if we'd finished 2nd in the group, it would have been Barca. Think I'd prefer Bayern with the 2nd leg at home.

Maltin likes this.
  17. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

I thought anyone who backed anything above 1.05 was a mug? And yet you claim you backed a team who were probably in the region of 100/1 to win the CL?

:facepalm:

18. Sea Lion

I said i could see them winning it. I never said i backed them which i have not.:facepalm: The people that backed Leicester to win the prem where mugs too right ?

19. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

Sorry, quoted the wrong post lol

20. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

And yes, the people who backed Leicester were, in betting terms, mugs. Just because you get a once-in-a-lifetime bet up doesn't mean you know what you're doing. It's like backing a 100/1 at the national and it coming up. Doesn't make you a racing expert.

21. Sea Lion

No worries.

22. Sea Lion

Mugs or not they won a nice few quid and good luck to them.

23. Reiabuzz

It's only 20 quid you idiot. I make that in a couple of hours with sensible bets. As I said on the other thread I sometimes put money on something silly that I'll actually watch, like Leicester in the CL or England winning in India.

24. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

Calm down dickhead, you seemed to have a problem with other people throwing a fiver on a bet so it was the obvious question.

'I make that in a couple of hours' :rolleyes:

Still waiting for your spreadsheet by the way.

25. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

Nope. Real or Barca would hgave been worse - bayern's form this year hasn't been that hot, in fact a marked drop-off from their last season under Pep

26. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

It's okay mate, I think we've established he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's talking about.

27. nuffsaid

So December is the new November...:(

MrSki likes this.
  28. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

Ah well, in 6 years time we'll have our slump in the summer.

agricola and MrSki like this.
  29. agricola

agricola atomic materialist

Good to see Nasri can still affect games..... well, Twitter at least.

30. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Giroud, the scorpion king!

Attached Files: