1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arsenal 16/17 - Go Gunners

Discussion in 'football' started by Supine, May 25, 2016.

1. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

Is anything happening at all?

Are the Arse board hoping that other teams get long term injuries?

Otherwise it will be a late signing at twice the price.

Badgers likes this.
  2. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

Season opener with a centre back who'd never played in the Premier League plus Chambers, who's never recovered from Swansea's Montero skinning him constantly last season.

Badgers likes this.
  3. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Cool - second place behind PSG seems eminently possible.

Group A: Paris St-Germain (France), Arsenal, Basel (Switzerland), Ludogorets (Bulgaria).

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Yeh cos everyone who hasn't played in the Pl must be shit like er Henry Bergkamp Vieira overmars petit etc etc etc :facepalm: catch yourself on and give yer man a chance.

5. Harry Smiles

Not really apples and apples that is it?

This thread is quiet. We did actually win on Saturday. :thumbs:

Nigel likes this.
  6. nuffsaid

And a hard earned point tonight away at PSG, when it looked like we'd go down 3-0 after the first 45 seconds. Ospina kept us in it (although that was an odd selection) and glad they just kept trying. Giroud needs a beard trimmer.

7. MrSki

Watched the last 20 minutes & glad for the point. Footie fever not quite grabbed me yet this Autumn.

8. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

No, Cavani kept you in it. Fair point about Giroud though.

9. nuffsaid

Good individual goal from Perez, (even if it was against Nott. Forest). Proper test at the weekend ahead.

10. Pickman's model

Arsenal 2 Chelsea 0 and not even at half time :cool:

Badgers likes this.
  11. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

great first half from Arsenal that put the game to bed.chelsea played better second half but our defence is a liability every fucking first 45 mins.

12. Pickman's model

good.

Badgers likes this.
  13. MrSki

Chelsea had their first shot on target around the 80 minute mark. :thumbs:

14. nuffsaid

15. nuffsaid

C'mon guys, where's the enthusiasm? Arsenal are looking good, so long as last nights starting 11 stay injury free - which is a long shot I admit - but it was a very good performance, the movement was reminiscent of squads long gone.

MrSki likes this.
  16. Pickman's model

they're playing like dead men? :confused:

17. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

Watched an Arsenal game for the first time in a while last night - was it a usual match or were Basel flattering you guys?

Do any of you find it infuriating?

Genuinely the most beautiful passing game I have ever seen, shades of Petit-era movement on and off the ball, yet when it comes to the final ball, it's like a Harlem Globetrotters practice session.

18. nuffsaid

Well no, but squads pre-Emirates, the way they used to move the ball through the midfield and be in attack so quick, with Vieira, Henry, Overmars etc. That one touch stuff back then was superb and last night, for me, was reminiscent of that. It's just that those days seem so long ago now after the years of scratching into 4th.

19. nuffsaid

Basel are a good side, and have a good record in the CL. It was good to see Arsenal replicate the play they produced against Chelsea last weekend, showing that wasn't a one-off and they'd just raised their game because they were playing Chelsea. It was noted the first 11 were the same apart from replacing the goalie (which is odd, but I suppose he has to keep Ospina happy).

20. Pickman's model

yeh like last season when we scrabbled our way to er second. and 2014/15 when we finished er third. the last two times we finished fourth were 2013/14 and 2012/13.

21. nuffsaid

But the play in the last 2 games was a lot better than most of the previous couple of seasons. Just hope they can maintain it. Staying injury free will help, we may have got 2nd last season but we should have won the league, and we always looked dodgy in defence. Cazorla's injury last season did a lot, I think, to hamper Arsenal's performance and Metersacker/Gabriel always have a disaster waiting in them. Hopefully the defence is finally fixed and up front without Giroud, we've looked much more pacey - so far.

22. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

I was at the Emirates last night. First time I've ever been. Why are the fans so quiet? Basel fans were much more raucous.

23. squirrelp

squirrelp Well-Known Member

24. Pickman's model

Badgers likes this.
  25. Harry Smiles

Under what rule? Deliberate trip, not particularly aggressive. If any deliberate foul is a red games would end 7 vs 7...

26. nuffsaid

At least Coquelin can slot in to take his place while he 'rests', shouldn't impact the team too much.

27. squirrelp

squirrelp Well-Known Member

6-0 to the Arsenal!!!

28. So why would AW even consider going for the Ingerland job when he can have nights like this ?

29. nuffsaid

30. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

this the strongest squad we have had since the Invincibles. That side agaist Reading was virtually an entire second string sided, and yet still looked really strong - studded with talent.