1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armenia and Georgia

Discussion in 'travel and world' started by frogwoman, Jan 16, 2016.

1. BassJunkie

BassJunkie devotees straight on

We're taking our 5 year old daughter to Tbilisi for 4 nights next month, I'm hyped now having read this thread!

Manter and not-bono-ever like this.
  2. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

It is stunning stuff! It has all the elements kids like- eggs, cheese, pastry, tomatoey sauces. I mean how genius is Chkmeruli? Garlicky cheesy chicken.

I am hungry at the thought.

not-bono-ever likes this.
  3. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Oh amazing! Matsiminda park, the experimentorium and the open air ethnographic museum all recommended for kids. And the sulphur waterfall. And the funincular railway. The big statue overlooking the city which I always want to call Katniss Dedi (that isn't the right name ;) ) is a long walk but great views and lots of running around space. Old Tbilisi- below the castle is the most beautiful bit. Mstkheta and one of the lakes is worth a day trip.

4. BassJunkie

BassJunkie devotees straight on

Manter - thank you - you've summed up in one paragraph what I've failed to glean from random googling over the last few months. We will be sure to make use of your recommendations.

5. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

6. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

Georgian Airways have started direct flights from Gatwick to Tblisi. 5 hour flight for about £300 return. This would've been good 6 months ago instead of my long stopover in Warsaw.

7. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

8. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Song and Sable

Stags should go to Amsterdam - they are used with dealing with leathered wankers day in/ day out. Bad things can happen to leathered wankers elsewhere

9. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Weird timings though. We are trying to decide whether we go by GA direct or do a Lufthansa via Munich and spend a few days there (we are flying with a 3 year old....)