Are the Welsh a separate "race"?

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by TeeJay, Jun 23, 2004.

?

Are the Welsh a separate "race"?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. No

51 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Other (please state)

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

*tries new pills*

2. butchersapron

3. past caring

past caring The Cathars were right

I'm feeling all left out......

How do I get on this famous ignore list?

Got to say TearJerker, that last one was top stuff.

"No, really everybody, I really, really am ignoring them. I know it looks like I'm an utter blusterer and psychologically dependent on the attention - but see, it's that bastard Bill gates wot done it!!!"

Will that do?

4. reallyoldhippy

reallyoldhippy Banned Banned

how old are you lot? :rolleyes:

5. flimsier

flimsier Banned Banned

Has Teejay finally gone mad?

6. flimsier

flimsier Banned Banned

:D :D

No I am, and whatever they just said (even though it might not be about me I suspect it is) is obviously bollocks because they are all twats and I know that's gonna bother them.

Don't ban him, its entertainment!

7. butchersapron

*unbanned*...for now...

8. guinnessdrinker

guinnessdrinker political refugee R.I.P.

so, that statement must make you a rascist. just try replacing the word "celt" with the word "aryan".

9. ernestolynch

ernestolynch Banned Banned

It's quotes like the above that keep me going!

10. JWH

JWH Fnord Fiesta XR3i

LOL!bollocks shite and mung beans

11. pbman

pbman (mo-lone lah-veh)

WTF if they so smart, why did they get their ass kicked back into the backwater of the nation?

They must be really frail then, with skinny arms that can't swing a sword, or something.

You shure you want to go down this road?

ROFLMAO

12. ernestolynch

:cool: :cool: :cool: :)
    i am a legend!!!!!!!!!

13. pbman

pbman (mo-lone lah-veh)

With scrawny arms apperently.

Anywasy it look like you guys got you ass kick fair and square, why you whinning about it 1,000 years latter?

14. past caring

I wouldn't say too much pal - not given the way your mob are getting your arses kicked right now......... ;)

15. pbman

pbman (mo-lone lah-veh)

O come on, if we were loosing no one here would complain. :p

16. ernestolynch

You're winning in Iraq? Why are you begging for help then?

17. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

Is this post aimed at me?
    :confused:

18. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Please Note

Okay - while a bit of knockabout "robust debate" is one thing, these pointed references to "men in white coats", taking pills etc are beyond the pale.

I believe this has been mentioned before. Taking the piss out of personal issues like that is not on.

Kindly don't do it.

Thank you.

19. pbman

pbman (mo-lone lah-veh)

Election stratagy.

20. past caring

Nobody is taking the piss out of TJ because of any past mental health problems he may have had. What people are referring to is current behaviour - which is a little odd to say the least. This has included publicly proclaiming (ad nauseum) that he has certain posters "on ignore" when he's been (relatively mildly) challenged on some of his claims/arguments.

Frankly, he gives as good as he gets in terms of personal abuse........

21. FridgeMagnet

In that case, I'm sure the ingenuity of posters here will stretch to formulating comments referring to their opinion of TeeJay's current behaviour that don't also make reference to past issues.

I don't want to drag this out but even apart from this instance I don't think it helps create a very good atmosphere in general, on a board where a number of people have had similar problems. That sort of reference may be appropriate when applied to someone without a history (or may not be - something that's been debated at length not too long ago) but when there is one, it starts to look unpleasantly pointed.

22. past caring

I'm really not trying to be awkward here - just trying to be sure I've understood you. You're saying that if he behaves/posts in a way that's irrational, we shouldn't say "that's mad", "are you on drugs or something?", "that's totally out of touch with reality" and so forth? :confused:

23. FridgeMagnet

It's obvious mental health references like "men in white coats" and "forgotten to take your pills" etc that are the problem.

24. pbman

pbman (mo-lone lah-veh)

WEll a lot of people are going after him, from what i've seen, when that happnes you have to fight back, any witch way you can.

I like talk to the hand myslef. :D

And i never heard any thing about any past issues, if thats the case, show some decency.

25. past caring

Yeah - a lot of people are. But much like your case, it's because of the shit that's spouted, rather than awful people being nasty.

See, much like real life (or much like in the case of your and TurdJid's postings), where a diverse group of people, who in other circumstances wouldn't normally agree with one another, are all telling you that you're spouting bollocks, most sensible people would have pause for thought.

Not you and TJ. Although from different political perspectives, there's a certain symbiosis in your responses. You? You bash yourself over the head one more time with the butt of your Colt Python, put fingers to keyboard and plough on regardless.

And "Lofty" TeeJay? The virtual equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears, poking his tongue out and shouting "Ner, ner, ner, neh-neh". And when that doesn't work? Runs to teacher and says "All the other children are being nasty to me - make them stop it!".

"Why do whisper, green grass?
    Why tell the trees what ain't so?
    Whispering grass, the trees don't have to know, no, no"

26. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

So past caring, is it better for me to take on people head on and trade their abuse with them, blow-for-blow? Or is it better to try and ignore them and not descend into the gutter and drag the whole forum into a 24-hour slag-fest of vile abuse? Do you think that abusing people on the basis of gender, sexuality, "race", ethnicity, disability and so forth is acceptable? Is that really the kind of place you want urban75 to be? It is true that I have got really pissed of recently by the lies, abuse and sectarian in-fighting, and I obviously a fair number of P&P posters hate my guts after the run up to the recent elections - all this abuse can be traced entirely to a small clique of anarchist and far-left posters who hate anyone who dares step into "their" UK P&P forum and voice any kind of alternative to their "class struggle" dieologies. I am also not the only Green Party supporter who has been lied about and subjected to personal abuse by ideologues who seek to hound out and wear done anyone who they see as a threat to their monopoly on spamming P&P.

Anyway, if this really is the kind of place you want urban75 to be, can I suggest that you go and find yourself a sewer to go and swim in, and excuse me if I do *not* join you there.

27. Corax

Corax Luke 5:16

To be fair though Teej (and I have so not gotten involved in the petty squabbling, so please don't take this the wrong way) you do bang on about it a bit.

Can you not let it lie, and hope that others get bored? I don't mean discontinuing your posts about the issues at hand, but just ignoring anything that you consider insulting for a bit. After all, it seems fairly clear that the intention most of the time is to get a reaction out of you.

It's got out of hand, and I, for one, am tired of trawling through the bitching to try and find the real content.

Again, I'm not taking either side on this. It seems that it's a P&P fight, and I'm not a frequent visitor there. It has taken on a life of its own now though, and is swamping other forums.

28. TeeJay

TeeJay New Member

I agree it's got out of hand and I am also tired of completely pointless and off-topic abuse. I do not go through urban75 throwing abuse at people who I hate but I admit I have been guilty of reacting to it when it is thrown at me, and maybe this is the wrong way to react. However, I am not going to be hounded off any forum - including UK P&P by people who don't care how low they stoop to piss people off. I believe in debating the issues and showing at least a minimum amount of respect even to people who I completely disagree with. However there are a small and extreme clique of people here who will do or say anything that they think they can get away with to attack people they disagree with, and they will specifically target people who they feel are 'problems' for them. Up until now most of this poisonous stuff has been flying between the various groups of 'anarchists', SWP members and other parties/groups and despite me being on urban75 for ages and saying very similar kinds of things for all this time, it was only as soon as I started promoting a Green Party 'line' on things rthat the attacks started. I amk sure that they are deliberately entended to try and make me so upset that I wil stop posting, and is a typical extremist and anti-democratic tactic used by many of these groups in a lot of situations - be it meetings, within their own organisations or anywhere else that they think that bully-boy tactics, personal abuse and out-and-out lies will help them achieve the aims.

29. Dr. Christmas

Dr. Christmas ca suffit

This truly is breathtakingly sanctimonious humbug.

1. Personally, no, and I doubt many other u75ers do either. What's your point?

2. I too am a supporter of a 'mainstream' democratic party. Jesus, joining the Scottish Greens is a potential option for me when I move back there. Since I joined here I've had endless arguments with the posters you allude to (and let's have a little bit of fucking backbone and name them- ernestolynch, butchersapron, past caring, rednblack, flimsier, doubtless there are others currently on your ever-shifting 'ignore' list) about the electoral system, trade union things, political nationalism, political/class demographics and so on. At the end of the day you've got to have the confidence in your arguments and see it through, even if you don't win them round to their point of view. You earn respect by arguing a position cogently even if its light years away from what you perceive as the 'mainstream' P & P view. That forum is an antagonistic bearpit at the best of times and you will insist on making it worse for yourself by having childish tanturms and filling up half a dozen posts with updates to your ignore list at the first sign of trouble. Your attempt to present yourself as some kind of 'alternative' martyr hounded out by an anarchist mainstream is pathetic and frankly, gut-wrenching.

Oh, and your comment on 'spamming' the forum is fucking comic genius- this from the man without an original thought of his own, and utterly reliant on reams of C&P from the Green Party website and sundry on-line academic bibliographies, on topics as diverse as regional policy and horse dung.

3. Again this is self-pitying claptrap. I can think of other Greens- including Matt S- who were actively congratulated on political achievements and praised for their honesty in analysis of political problems that the party faces. (such as in the Leeds thread).

You, on the other hand, are widely regarded as deceitful (schools thread where you were caught out lying in a major way), irritating, (your much-vaunted ignore list is now seen as a joke more than anything though), hypocritical, (i.e. in spite of your complaints about bullying/trolling this thread is yet another recycling of your favoured 'are the Welsh a race' theme, started as little more than a shit-stirring troll) peevish, lacking in credibility, and balefully unoriginal (reams of C & P prefaced by the disclaimer 'I am not a Green Party member').

On this board people only have typed thoughts to go on. I've no idea who you are or what you do other than what you write on here. It's that that's causing the problem and it's about time you recognised it and did something about it.

I'm all for taking personal responsibility for one's actions. Yes you've taken a lot of flak this week. Yes some of it has been out of order (including the 'boring twat' ephitet I fired at you in sheer frustration the other day).

But, No, it's not everyone else's fault. You're largely the architect of your own present difficult position and only you can really do anything about that to be honest.

30. ernestolynch

What a very open, honest and downright spot-on post, Doc. Chwarae teg.