Are rock hard peas posh or summat?

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by mrs quoad, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

i ask bc the own brand petit poys I bought from Waitrose are like fucking bullets.

I thought they were just shit, but now I’m wondering if this is some kind of posh trend or summat.

“These aren’t any rock hard peas. These are...” etc etc.

gentlegreen likes this.
  2. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

mrs quoad likes this.
  3. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

First world problems :D

I’m quite surprised how many people have nothing better to do with their time than write reviews of frozen peas :hmm:

Manter and farmerbarleymow like this.
  4. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Sweetcorn, Seagulls and Wasps are Brilliant!

friedaweed and neonwilderness like this.
  5. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Sweetcorn, Seagulls and Wasps are Brilliant!

Anyway, why are you up so early neonwilderness - have you wet the bed? :hmm:

neonwilderness likes this.
  6. Epona

It's actually a big help to see reviews for groceries online when like me you are disabled and find it difficult to go to do grocery shopping in person, where you can actually see the goods for real. People giving reviews and descriptions of the goods you are ordering is a real benefit. If you are not in that situation yourself, then just be pleased for that and don't start criticising :)

neonwilderness likes this.
  7. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

8. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

I don't have many shopping rules but not buying that cunt's products is one of them.

9. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

I have more than once mused on the "cheap petit pois vs expensive peas" conundrum, but I usually go for cheap Aldi peas when I'm in the mood for comfort food - they always go with masses of spud and sometimes a vegan savoury of some sort.
    Perhaps my standards are lower because I eat cold mushy peas five times a week ...

10. dessiato

dessiato Looking for my shopping trolley

Anyone who eats mushy peas can't be all bad, unless you are getting them out of a can. Then, of course, you're not right.

11. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

Same :D

12. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

Out of a can at my desk, splodged on a vegan pasty. :)
    It contains bright blue dye so my pee is bright yellow at the end of the day. :cool:

13. dessiato

If it's a work time snack eating them from a can is permitted.

14. PippinTook

PippinTook Some are born to sweet delight

I don't think I've ever eaten cooked hard peas.

15. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

Not sure there's a Waitrose within 40 miles of here. Or if I've ever been in one.

ETA There's one in Hull, 28 miles and a toll bridge away, lol

16. dessiato

But there's a Jack's in Immingham. So overall the one cancels the other.

S☼I likes this.
  17. S☼I

We've gone from no supermarket at all for a six month period to now having a B&M, Home Bargains, Jack's, and Aldi within 200 yards of one another. Plus there's always been the mighty Farm Foods

dessiato likes this.
  18. dessiato

Are they were the Co-Op was? Is the pub (Mayflower? ) still there?

19. S☼I

Aldi is where Co-Op was. Jack's and Home Bargains opened within a week of each other and are side-by-side where the Leisure Centre was. B&M is the other end of the Civic, built from scratch, the side of it is "on" Pelham Road where there used to be that grassy bit.

The pub, you're thinking of the De Kyme - still there, but now The Pelham.

dessiato likes this.
  20. mrs quoad

21. Epona

Peas are actually pretty good for feeding ducks, peas and lettuce and cabbage :D (definitely not bread!) But probably not peas if they are like bullets - don't want the ducks sinking :(

22. S☼I

All three of my dogs adore peas :D

23. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

Feeding ducks hard peas is really good for their legs and feet as they will not need to use them so much under the jet propulsion effect that the peas have during digestion. Well known Duck fact ;)

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  24. friedaweed

Buying Duchy organic petit pois from Waitrose is posh enough mate. You'd get barred in my local for admitting that sort of filth.

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  25. mrs quoad

Who the fuck said they were duchy?! Or organic.

Essential! Waitrose essential. And not even Waitrose essential hummus! Proper veg essential, £1.60/kg. Top of my head, about £0.28/kg more than sburies own brand, but given I was in there for the toddler’s fish sandwich (£1.25 up from £1.20, he won’t eat them from anywhere else) I considered the savings on petrol acceptable.

(The fish sandwich was a reward for going to the dentist. We don’t live a life of such luxury every day!)

friedaweed likes this.
  26. mrs quoad

22p/kg over Sainsburys.

Someone who bought fucking fuchy peas wouldn’t know their price per kilo, let alone have a decent idea of the comparative cost of frozen peas across two supermarkets!

F7C9A7AB-2FD0-4AAA-9ED0-087E5C7EB980.png 49A8B8A9-CEF0-44C8-927F-ECA3D32F8D38.png

27. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

You know you are supposed to cook them, right?

gentlegreen likes this.
  28. mrs quoad

gentlegreen likes this.
  29. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

30. friedaweed

Please accept my apologies. The second post links to the offending product I was referring to. My mistake.

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produ...its-pois/092908-47755-47756?bvstate=pg:2/ct:r

It's still Waitrose though so I'm sorry but I can only downgrade you from posh cunt to posh miser quoady.

I approve of the toddlers fleecing of your wealth though. That's a very acceptable act. Does the said nipper like a fish finger sarnie because I can highly recommend M&S fish fingers :thumbs: