Are Lambeth Labour going to get voted back in in 2018?

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by teuchter, Feb 25, 2018.

1. bimble

bimble noisy but small

From tricky skills Twitter it seems herne hill count is where the excitement is at , so maybe that’s why so many leaflets they knew it might be close.

Tricky Skills likes this.
  2. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

That's definitely why so many leaflets! It's the carnegie effect mainly.

bimble likes this.
  3. Cold Harbour

Cold Harbour Well-Known Member

Please just 1 Green in Coldharbour too

4. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Voter count at St Judes was a massive 340 total at 6pm last night.

I took one for the team and sat in the pub to count the number of potential voters going to St Judes for the next hour or so.

5. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I see normal service has resumed in Coldharbour (i.e. no service)

6. teuchter

Are they still counting then?

Slo-mo likes this.
  7. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Herne Hill x2 greens - I was right in my random pub prediction last night.

Slo-mo likes this.
  8. teuchter

Impressive result. They certainly put the work in for it.

9. Southlondon

Southlondon The river's there for a reason

Impressive result? 2/63 seats ?

10. teuchter

In Herne Hill ward. Going from 0/3 to 2/3.

11. teuchter

Actually looks like x1 not x2

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 17.56.34.jpg

Southlondon likes this.
  12. teuchter

So Rachel Heywood lost her seat. Why? I thought she was supposed to be very popular. Or is that only when viewed from the U75 bubble?

alcopop and Slo-mo like this.
  13. bimble

bimble noisy but small

She’s coldharbour. Are those results in?

14. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Yes she lost, she got 660 votes. Three Labour Party machine winners in the high 1000s/low 2000s I think.
    Lambeth Council Election Count 2018 – LIVE blog

Scroll down to 16.27pm

15. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Shit.
    Nobody even close to the lab votes. I don’t understand why bother to vote at all for more of same.
    I’m really disappointed, I know people haven’t got time to read about the individuals standing but thought enough people would recognise her from local activism stuff.

Anyone clever enough to figure out what turnout % was if the top 3 all got about 2000 votes probably from same voters?

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    editor likes this.
  16. teuchter

Big contrast to the Herne Hill results where the other two greens were not far off the Lab votes at all.

As pointed out elsewhere, split the votes for the independent guy between them and we could have had 3 greens.

I thought the greens made a mistake in not suggesting who you vote for in 1,2,3 order, if you don't want to give all three to greens. That way they might have quite easily got 2 in.

RubyToogood likes this.
  17. Ratface

Ratface New Member

Good result.

18. teuchter

Cressingham sadly doesn't seem to have had much impact on the vote in Tulse Hill with 3 Labour councillors well out in front of all the others.

19. bimble

bimble noisy but small

I make it (v roughly) about 15% turnout in coldharbour ward if the winning 3 were mostly voted for by the same voters. A decidedly underwhelming democratic experience all round.

20. planetgeli

Dunno how you’ve calculated that but I suspect it’s a bit low. Overall turnout for Lambeth was 34% and I’d expect that to be fairly uniform across all wards, give or take.

21. bimble

bimble noisy but small

The fact that you who live very far away now are studying lambeths results makes me feel better about my late onset local politics nerdism. My number probably wrong yes.

22. planetgeli

Once a Brixtonite, always a Brixtonite? Plus psephology has always been a strong weak point of mine.

sealion and bimble like this.
  23. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

The bubble you are in.

Typical nasty swipe from you.

Unlike you who enjoys internet swiping from the safety of your keyboard I went out with others to distribute leaflets for her in the real world.

Unlike you who lives in internet bubble. My life extends outside it.

It was always going to be uphill struggle.

You really come across as nasty unpleasant poster.

editor likes this.
  24. Gramsci

Thing is on the large estates in Coldharbour none were under threat. There was nothing that controversial going on in Coldharbour.

Labour didn't bother doing campaigning in Coldharbour ward. Only people I saw where Greens and Rachel supporters.

Its still despite gentrification of Brixton still a working class ward. People vote Labour full stop. Our New Labour party take that for granted.

Rachel didn't do to badly. But standing as Independent was always going to be a handicap.

For me it means I will have to deal with these people over Rec and adventure playground.

editor likes this.
  25. teuchter

How about responding to the content of my posts instead of these personal attacks? I've never had a go at you personally have I? You're not coming across as a very pleasant poster yourself at the moment.

26. teuchter

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 22.59.57.jpg

Rachel Heywood got fewer votes than either of the green candidates. Barely a quarter of the top two labour candidates. My impression is that she's had a relatively high profile. She's been there on most of the big issues in that ward over the past few years. The road closures. The arches. (At least the ones we talk about here. And I often get lectures on here from certain posters on how the stuff that gets talked about on u75 is not niche but what is important to all the 'ordinary people' out there). She was there talking at the Windrush thing the other week. She's also not an unknown but someone who people will already know as a councillor. So, seriously, I'm surprised that she got so few votes. Even accounting for u75 bubble distortions. Doesn't look like I'm the only one a bit surprised either.

27. Ratface

Ratface New Member

The Windrush "Thing".

editor likes this.
  28. Gramsci

Sorry did I miss something? Your post was yet another of your swipes at Urban. The "content" of your post was attack on those in the Urban "bubble". Like Spam you know exactly what you are doing. So don't come all this is not personal attack nonsense on me. I know who that post was aimed at.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    editor likes this.
  29. Gramsci

You mean me?

You really come across as tiresome, small minded and resentful.

I do do notice you don't go down so well on politics boards.

My bringing up on boards ( and politics boards recently) of what local people say to me is to get away from the internet "bubble" you so often here complain about.

editor likes this.
  30. teuchter

More personal stuff.