Are DPD the new Citylink of crap, unreliable parcel delivery companies?

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by editor, Nov 11, 2015.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Sending a faulty phone back to Sony and it's supposed to be collected by DPD. Except that once again they've failed to turn up as promised and - if it follows the same pattern as last time -they're unable to reschedule for their non delivery.
    This means that I have to contact the customer unfriendly behemoth that is Sony once again to try and get them to sort it.

End result - even longer time without my phone. You useless shitehawks, DPD.

ska invita likes this.
  2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

you do have such poor luck with couriers.

Manter likes this.
  3. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

They sure as hell go out of their way to be as stupidly aggressive in their driving as possible on the way to not delivering your parcels. A DPD van is as happy a sight on our roads as a tailgating white Audi.

4. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

I've always considered dpd a pretty reliable mid level parcel carrier. The real shit ones are the likes of yodel and ukmail with the best by far being fedex and ups.

Have you tried googling the local depot number to see what the problem is? I would have thought the last thing theyd be interested in doing is fucking up a major account like sony

Badgers likes this.
  5. Pickman's model

ftfy

6. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

Badgers likes this.
  7. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

I don't understand

8. Pickman's model

i am suggesting they wouldn't want to fuck up a major a/c like editor's.

9. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

DPD are probably the best UK courier. So, no.

Also UKMail are good these days. One hour delivery windows, notifications, decent web tracking.

Badgers likes this.
  10. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

But editor doesn't have an account with dpd

11. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

DPD are usually okay. Tend to turn up when they say they will but not particularly quick. Most courier firms are a bit shit anyway. It's because they spend so much time undercutting each other that the drivers work for peanuts and don't give a shit.

Badgers likes this.
  12. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

We send out a lot of our stuff with ukmail, if anything I'd say their service levels have deteriorated loads over the last six months. Yes the tech is better but they lose more parcels and fail more deliveries than they used to

13. mauvais

Fair enough. From a consumer perspective they seem like one of the better ones.

14. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Yeah the tracking thing is great - 'you are delivery number 60 the driver is currently on 48'. The workforce is very disgruntled at the minute and from what our driver says have been close to all walking off site a few times recently

15. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

UK Mail and DPD are working well for me. As are Royal Mail's recorded/signed for services.

Badgers likes this.
  16. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Rm have doubled the size of a small parcel so theyre very competitive, their only downside is Theyre very keen to destroy my parcels when they don't adhere to their very strict restricted goods rules

17. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

I have found DPD to be pretty good.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They're really not, you know. At least not for me. They used to be good but twice in a month they've failed to show up and leave me with a real ballache to sort out an alternative pick up date.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I don't mind slow but I do mind drivers who can't be fucking arsed to show up.

20. mauvais

Well, you said it. A sample of two might be personally annoying but statistically unhelpful.

Maggot likes this.
  21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Sony aren't bothered. They never are. At least not for the bottom end stuff.

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This is a bulletin board not a peer reviewed study. And the title of this thread asks a question.

23. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Parcelforce are better. Besides DPD are french not a UK courier.

editor likes this.
  24. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Twitter sony saying how shit they are they probably won't like that

25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So here's how it worked last time (and I expect this time too). I rang up DPD to spend a long time on hold and then were told that it was simply impossible for their non-appearing driver to be rescheduled because it had to go through Sony. So I ring up Sony and - after another long listen to on-hold music - I'm told that it's a matter for DPD.

Back and forth I go until it transpires that the only way that these useless fuckers can do the job they're being paid for is for me to go to Sony's site, cancel the collection, go through the whole rescheduling process again and then hope that DPD can be bothered to show up at the next time.

The way it's all pushed on to me pisses me off. DPD failed to turn up so DPD should be sporting this out.

26. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

As a seller DPD were pretty good at business pickup and okay for deliveries. When it comes to arranging for them to pickup from a customer address though i've had difficulties with them in the past too.

The american couriers are better but they cost sooo much more.

27. mauvais

Parcelforce are still terrible, AFAICS. And you're a UK courier if you courier things around the UK.

If I'm getting a parcel, I want two things. To know when it's going to turn up - the more precise the better - and then for it to turn up. At a push, a bunch of other stuff like being able to rearrange or tell them to leave it somewhere, but I can take it or leave it.

On the first of those, DPD and UKMail are pretty good, Yodel and most others average, and RM and Parcelforce still pretty stone age.

28. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

keybored likes this.
  29. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Btw i hate to be a pedant but dpd are a parcel carrier not a courier. A courier collects parcel from A and delivers direct to B. A carrier collects from A then puts the parcel through a network of depots before the local depot delivers to B. Couriers are significantly more expensive.

30. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Is it DPD that texts you delivery times and suchlike?
    If so they are a step up from those that don't.