Apple reduces speed of iPhones as batteries wear out, report suggests

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by editor, Dec 19, 2017.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

Made by the world's richest company and secretly nobbled to make customers give them even more money. Nice.

muscovyduck likes this.
  2. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Give us our $999 Billion already :mad:

Conniving bastards.

8ball and bubblesmcgrath like this.
  3. editor

editor hiraethified

EACH

4. editor

editor hiraethified

bubblesmcgrath likes this.
  5. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

6. editor

editor hiraethified

7. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

If I read that correctly as a non -US iPhone user I’ll have to wait 12 month’s before I’ll be offered cheaper battery replacement on my 6S. Despite the fact I could do with it now considering I bought this phone when it first came out.

8. skyscraper101

No, it’s starting in late January everywhere and “available worldwide through December 2018”

‘Through’ is American for ‘until the end of’ which then begs the question, ‘what about after December 2018’?

9. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

It doesn’t say through until Dec 2018.

It says through Dec 2018. So throughout the month of December 2018, which is 11 month’s away.

But as you pointed out, it’s written in American (in other words badly).

10. cybershot

It means why skyscraper101 said.

After dec 2018 it means now we’ve been honest with you, after that it’s back to full price suckers.

11. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

12. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

bubblesmcgrath and skyscraper101 like this.
  13. skyscraper101

My wife has had to have her iPhone 6 Plus replaced twice by Apple over the last two and a half years and each time she’s gotten a new one it has been markedly faster with exactly the same apps and hardware.

Frankly I’m amazed it has taken until now to prove that this is a real thing they are doing to slow down phones. I wouldn’t mind so much if they hadn’t tried to keep it a secret and forced millions of people into thinking it’s time to get a new phone while charging a bomb to get a replacement battery which they would not acknowledge would be of any benefit to performance.

14. editor

editor hiraethified

Anyone trousering a fat $102m for a year's work is greedy in my opinion.

He could give $90m away and still be stinking, obscenely rich.

Enviro and muscovyduck like this.
  15. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

Less than a 200th of what Jeff Bezos has stashed away running a company with a similar market cap, and a bit more transparent given Bezos' apparent salary of $81 grand. Zuckerberg has about 500 times as much (a few years back his official "salary" was $1).

But I'm not sure why it's even relevant.

16. editor

editor hiraethified

You don't think it's obscene that a boss can make such vast amounts of money? I do.

17. cybershot

18. editor

editor hiraethified

Makes a change from that cunt Jobs who refused to give money to charity. It's still obscene that Apple make such huge amounts of money though and give so little back.

Same applies to most other big companies of course, but Apple are the richest by miles and seen as more 'cool' and influential than the rest. Shame they've never led by example.

19. keybored

keybored #NeverUseTheInternetAgain

You know, I'm starting to think you don't like Apple very much.

cupid_stunt likes this.
  20. editor

editor hiraethified

Some of their products are fantastic, but as a company they're some of the biggest cunts on the planet. All that manufactured consumerist frenzy and hand clapping and whooping over people buying massively expensive products turns my stomach.

21. cybershot

Google do the same, the pixel 2 etc keynote lasted over 2 hours and was a complete snooze fest.

22. editor

editor hiraethified

What? Apple are the only ones who send teams of fuckwits running around the block whooping and clapping before a shop opens on launch day, and then high five and applaud customers leaving with shiny expensive products in boxes. Well, they did until everyone got bored.

Total cunts.

23. cybershot

Misread, assumed you were talking about keynotes.

The store thing is a very American thing to do. People get clapped for all sorts of pointless shit, such as eating a massive steak.

24. editor

editor hiraethified

Embarrassingly, the first video happened in Westfield. They've imported this shit into the UK and the Apple lemmings have lapped it up.

25. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

Not much to do with the thread, and relatively speaking it barely registers on the ‘obscene pay’ scale.

Until a lot of worldwide eceonic problems have been fixed, it would be a good start if a lot of these companies were properly compelled to pay their taxes, though.

26. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

Can’t argue with that.

editor likes this.
  27. editor

editor hiraethified

Sorry I was a bit ranty. I'm just fucked off with rich cunts getting even richer while those at the bottom struggle to survive:
    The world’s richest became $1 trillion wealthier in 2017 and here’s why that should worry us

Apple annoy me more than most because they're the richest company on the planet - and are seen as trend leaders and inspirational - yet they give so little back, while they celebrate high end consumerism like it's something worthy to aspire to.

muscovyduck, cupid_stunt and 8ball like this.
  28. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Yep, they are a little bit better in that regard under Tim Cook but they were totally useless in the days of Steve Jobs, even the groups trying to save the snow leopard from extinction couldn't squeeze a donation out of the cunts after they released their Snow Leopard operating system.

editor likes this.
  29. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

They probably figured it would give them more exclusive control of the term "snow leopard" if the actual animal went extinct.

Yossarian and keybored like this.
  30. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member