Apple new product rumours and general news

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by editor, Mar 15, 2012.

1. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

3. cybershot

editor likes this.
  4. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

cybershot likes this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This looks like the dreadful car-centric plans that emerged in the grim 70s:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. cybershot

Anyway, back to the footprint, I suspect theres incentives to use electric vehicles, and plenty of charging stations!

7. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

Pity though that the batteries are glued into their laptops and the RAM is soldered on.

editor likes this.
  8. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

9. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Would be if it were true.

10. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

11. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

12. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

It's totally out of order! You buy something expecting to own it for life, and they just withdraw it at a whim with no guarantee of a refund.

This is class action lawsuit territory no?

13. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

No idea.

I don't use it since the introduction of apple music and started keeping back ups of the files as they're drm free.

14. cybershot

It's a worrying landscape, at not just Apple to worry about on this front when you buy things. Microsoft wanted to go down this route on the Xbox One, and got the backlash. Obviously the store exists, but what about when they decide to remove it from their servers years down the line when Xbox One et al is no longer supported.

There's a reason Nintendo released mini versions of the NES and SNES, people love nostalgia.

Imagine pulling your old console out the loft, and not being able to play a game, because, well, the servers don't exist anymore.

Media will remain king for a while yet, and piracy will remain because of these risks with streaming services. People want to own stuff.

I imagine you'd have the same problem with Sky if you decided to cancel your account. I know you can get the disc with some purchases, but still. Why would anyone buy something on sky store without the option of the media as well.

15. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Definitely happens with Amazon too - there have been cases where people have had books removed from their Kindles.

Kid_Eternity likes this.
  16. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

And appropriately it was Orwell's "1984" that was being deleted, if I remember correctly.
    Something to do with the publisher not having rights.
    Amazon Settles Kindle

FridgeMagnet likes this.
  17. mhendo

mhendo Aussie in San Diego

This is a troubling development, and it's something I've always worried about with digital media. I still buy almost all my music as CDs, and rip the to FLAC myself.

Although I've got to admit that the Forbes article is a little thin on evidence, especially regarding the question of refunds.
    So some people have lost movies that they purchased, and it seems that the people DID generally get refunds, except for this one guy in Canada. Oh, and I couldn't be bothered actually waiting for Apple's official response before posting this story. Not particularly good journalism, IMO.