Apple iPhone and related items (cont.)

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by editor, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

2. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

So a year with my Apple Air Pods and have to say they are without doubt one of the best products Apple have ever made!

peterkro and skyscraper101 like this.
  3. Kid_Eternity

That really is shit although I wonder how many are affected. I’ve seen a few recently and non had any issues...

4. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Have to agree here. I wear them everywhere. I wear them to work, to bed, for lengthy phone calls. The years of wires and entanglement are over!

My pockets are now, wallet, phone, keys, travelcard, AirPods. Standard.

(eta and crucially, they aren’t those horrid rubbery type earbuds which block out all external sounds too)

Kid_Eternity likes this.
  5. Kid_Eternity

Yeah they fit so well, the little pod case is just brilliant. Instant connection, works seamlessly on all my other Apple products. Very happy with them.

skyscraper101 likes this.
  6. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Are they comfy? I've always found the headphones that come with iphones won't stay in my ears, so assumed the airpods would be the same.

Kid_Eternity likes this.
  7. skyscraper101

I find them fine but evidently they don’t fit for many so definitely try before you buy as they’re very similar to the wired ones.

sim667 likes this.
  8. emanymton

emanymton A cat politely sat on the flaming gardener.

Someone needs to tell him you should cut away from yourself not towards yourself .

9. Kid_Eternity

Very comfy, and stay very well in place. Love little things like auto pausing if you remove one and being able to configure the double taps on them to do different things.

Me76 and sim667 like this.
  10. ash

ash Inittogether

Help appreciated if anyone can advise. My Mum was gifting her old iPad to my niece for Xmas and had created an iTunes account for her and uploaded some money from an iTunes voucher. Turns out nieces mother has bought her an android tablet.
    So my daughter has the iPad now and has her own sign in and iTunes account already.
    The £25 is on the previous account, from what I can see I can’t gift that money to my daughters account or even gift apps. Apple seems to have it sewn up even using family and friends wouldn’t work as my daughter would need to be the account manager so any apps bought could only be paid from her account and not the other (ghost) account.
    Can anyone think of or does anyone know a solution to this?

11. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

Finally worked out how to turn loops/bounce into gifs:

09A5871F-F432-4CAC-B1E1-135A998226E2.gif

Send through WhatsApp then save again :thumbs:

Kid_Eternity and trashpony like this.
  12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Didn’t understand about the android bit. But gifting apps is done as linked Send App Store & iTunes Gifts via email

13. ash

ash Inittogether

Thanks for the reply however you can’t gift apps or a gift card using funds that have been downloaded from a gift card. We have an account that no one is using (or will use) with the £25 on it.

14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Its possible to buy an app then switch back to the original id. It just asks for the password to update it.

15. ash

ash Inittogether

Oh that’s an idea I will try that... thanks ... would this work even if it’s downloaded on one iTunes account and then opened on another. The other option we thought was using it in the Mac and just having a separate log in for the specific game/games.

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I think so. We download work apps on a word id and people download apps on a personal id. I’d use it for as few apps as posible to avoid inconvenice and preferably games etc that will be played and then discarded when done.

ash likes this.
  17. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

18. skyscraper101

19. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

Article is all over the place. Says that he used the money from the op in 2011 to buy an iPhone 7 (which came out in 2016), then says he bought an iPhone 4.
    He'll be alright for an upgrade then....

If the black market price is correct, he can buy 6 more kidneys too.....

Saul Goodman likes this.
  20. skyscraper101

Has anyone tried the AirPods Live Listen feature yet? Nifty little function if you're in any way hard of hearing or just want to pretend you're a secret agent.

21. Kid_Eternity

That’s very cool, can see that being useful for some people.

22. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Beware hedgehogs

Got the latest iWatch on Saturday. Will be using it for work and excercise. Love it so far.

23. skyscraper101

I tried it the other day. I can see the potential use, but I only then realised it turns the phone into the mic, not the airpods. I thought they'd be creating their own little hearing aid kind of thing. So, it's more useful for spying than for improving hearing.

24. pinkychukkles

pinkychukkles Feed Your Head

For those who may use it but not read much of the news...

25. editor

editor hiraethified

That is a really fucking awful privacy cock up.

skyscraper101 likes this.
  26. skyscraper101

Despite from this obviously massive screw up, Facetime Audio is still my go to app for lengthy calls with my family. Not only is it free but the call quality is superb as long as you have sufficient wifi on either side. Regular cellular calls sound like something from the last century by comparison.

27. editor

editor hiraethified

it really is a spectacularly leaky bug:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  28. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

29. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

30. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

They will get flack, but fair play, not wanting to release something that doesn't do the job.