Apple iPhone and related items (cont.)

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by editor, Feb 5, 2008.

1. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Wrong as in I’m not obviously paying.

2. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Whoosh.

cybershot likes this.
  3. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Beware hedgehogs

Had a problem with my phones WiFi and running out of charge that got way worse in the last few days. As I’m away travelling with work that’s a problem. Took it into an iStore and they gave me a new replacement phone straight away no argument.

Was very impressed with the service

cybershot likes this.
  4. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

Just upgraded to the SE. It's setting up now. Quite excited.

I bought my 5c outright when nobody wanted them anymore. It was so much better for me than the Android phone I switched from. I didn't have a good experience of Android.

But it had started to gum up and show signs of age. I've been deleting apps and stuff to make space, but when the new iPhone was released decided it was time to go to the model nobody wanted any more. This time I couldn't afford to buy a handset outright, so I got a good contract deal.

I'll let you know how I get on.

5. danny la rouge

Fingerprint recognition doesn’t work. Lol.

6. cybershot

The SE is probably the best phone they ever designed. It shall be missed.

7. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

I have an SE, it’s great. Dunno what I’ll do though when it dies eventually, the trend seems to be for huge phones and I have tiny hands so the size of the SE is perfect for me. Hopefully it’ll go for another few years.

The fingerprint recognition should work Danny, maybe take it back?

Lazy Llama and danny la rouge like this.
  8. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Happy with my iPhone X but yeah this looks very interesting.

9. cybershot

iOS 12 is actually noticeably faster. Nice.

10. cybershot

11. danny la rouge

I suspect it’s a guitarist problem: I have callouses on my thumb that disrupt the whorls.

It’s working more often now. I just have to position my thumb to avoid the knarly bits.

12. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam Arm the mentally ill

Hmm. I was going to get an iPad. Was holding out to the announcement but not thing mentioned about the new ‘pro’. Considering getting the standard iPad instead of waiting for the new pro/x iPad to come out. Hmm

13. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Do the setup bit several times, as if each time was a different finger, it makes it more accurate.

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

15. Mrs D

Mrs D also misses e

Anyone else finding ios12 has changed some kind of gamma or whiteness setting on their home screen and lock screen? It makes things harder to read, especially white text on a coloured background.

16. cybershot

Have you got it set to sun set - sun rise. With the sun vanishing much quicker now it comes on much earlier in the evening. Which if you’ve got bright lights on indoors can be a bit weird.