1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iPhone and related items (cont.)

Discussion in 'mobiles, tablets and wearable tech' started by editor, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

That’s what I’ll try if it persists.

2. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Ah yeah, good point.

3. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

You'd think, but I also find that I can have a hard time unlocking the phone when other touch ID stuff goes through without problems. (On a 6S+ for the record.)

Winot likes this.
  4. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

6. sim667

7. sky_blue

sky_blue New Member

Hmm... I didn't get the update still

8. sim667

Installed fine on mine.

Do you have automatic updates on? It could have updated when you had it on charge last?

9. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

10. xenon

xenon Carne Por la Machina

Yeah, what's going on there? I've a few apps that are unlocked with Touch ID. They never fail. Unlocking the phone often does first / second time. Of course, to check the obvious, I've tried unlocking the apps with a non registered fingerprint and they dont' open.

I'd guess a hash of the successful fingerprint unlock is cashed so the apps just compare to that one and have a higher inaccuracy tolerance.

11. xenon

xenon Carne Por la Machina

12. sky_blue

sky_blue New Member

Yeah, I usually get a notification. I even went into the settings but couldn't find any current updates.

13. sky_blue

sky_blue New Member

That's exciting! Are you using them or actually has anyone tried them and are they worth it?

14. little_legs

little_legs Поехали!

Good morning. I would appreciate some advice on the following situation: I was in Italy for a couple of days where I bought a Vodaphone tourist SIM card. It worked without any problems. On my return, I have inserted my UK SIM card in my iPhone 7, it’s a 3 Mobile SIM card, and for some reason the phone says ‘No SIM’. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Thank you.

15. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

Is it locked to Vodafone? What SIM was in there before goint to Italy?

16. little_legs

little_legs Поехали!

I had a 3 Mobile pay as you go SIM card in the phone until last Friday, when I inserted it in the phone last night the phone said ‘No SIM’. The phone itself was an unlocked new phone bought from Amazon.

17. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

I'm not sure how to help, but have you tried this?

If you get an alert about the SIM card in your iPhone

If you get an alert about the SIM card in your iPhone
    If you get an alert that says Invalid SIM or No SIM Card installed, follow these steps.

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier.
    2. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
    3. Restart your iPhone.
    4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
    5. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.
    6. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You might need to replace your SIM card.
    If you still see an alert about your SIM card, contact Apple support.

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

18. little_legs

little_legs Поехали!

Thanks for this. I’ll give it a try.

19. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

I’ve had the X for three months now, could never go back to buttons after using it. It’s just so fluid in it’s UX...

cybershot likes this.
  20. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

So I am trying out the switch to Android. Luckily it's not costing me anything as a friend has given me his old HTC handset.

Spent yesterday and today downloading and setting up apps. Now for live testing.

The only thing that's annoying me at the moment is not being able to double tap to get back to the top.