Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Apple Hardware - how fairly priced?

beesonthewhatnow

going deaf for a living
Are the wheels stupidly priced? Of course. $100 each, bargain :facepalm: :D

But who cares? The people this kit is aimed at are the sort where the machine is just a tool, costed into project budgets. It could literally be paid for the first time its used in certain cases.

The cost is, well, irrelevant really. I’d imagine a lot of users will be wanting the upcoming rackmount version instead anyway.

cybershot

People at work are asking us to increase budgets cos "you can't get a macbook with 16GB RAM and 256GB hard drive for £1500."

It's quite difficult to remain professional sometimes.

Especially when they then need to use an adapter cos the bloody thing is too thin to have an HDMI port. :D
we have this problem but the solution is quite simple. You don’t get a new laptop in 4 years like everyone else. You keep it for 5/6 depending on how they want to specced up.

editor

hiraethified

But who cares? The people this kit is aimed at are the sort where the machine is just a tool, costed into project budgets. It could literally be paid for the first time its used in certain cases.

The cost is, well, irrelevant really. I’d imagine a lot of users will be wanting the upcoming rackmount version instead anyway.
But such an almighty piss taking price is worthy of comment and derision, no?

Kid_Eternity

"You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Indeed. Anyone who complains about the price isn’t the target market.

editor

hiraethified
Bad news for anyone looking to upgrade:
The Macbook Air Pro suffered the biggest reduction. Previously, you could exchange it for £900 in Apple credit, but that has been reduced to £610. The Macbook Air is down from £400 to £190 and the basic Macbook from £380 to £300.